Zucchini bread is an extremely healthy breakfast and a snack. It takes minimal prep and is loaded with the goodies of green veggies which we can’t seem to have enough of! It has an amazing flavour and a soft spongy texture that leaves you craving for more!
This Zucchini bread recipe is a great snack that can be prepared when unexpected guests drop-in, or when the little ones are suddenly hungry.
Zucchini for bread is equally healthy and tasty.
My family loved this recipe because I prepared this bread recipe quickly when they were hungry.
All it required were a few ingredients from my pantry without much ado. They loved the mild taste and spongy texture and it was healthy too, is packed with the power of iron.
What You'll Find in This Post (Show all)
Why this recipe works:
• Simple ingredients that are pantry friendly, and can be prepared in a short time with minimal prep.
• Super tasty that you forget that you are eating a green vegetable!
• Can be eaten by everyone in the family as a meal with side dishes or even as a simple snack.
How to make Zucchini bread recipe:
Tips to prepare the best zucchini bread:
1. Preheat the oven before you bake. This distributes the heat evenly and ensures that your zucchini bread is the well-cooked centre and out.
2. Once you grate the zucchini, lightly blot the excess water. Try not to blot out too much of the moisture. This moisture helps make the bread soft and spongy.
3. After adding all the ingredients, whisk just until everything is mixed. Do not over mix it as the zucchini tends to release water and the consistency of the batter changes.
4. To make more delicious you can add 1/2 cup of blueberries to make zucchini bread with blueberries.
1. How to serve Zucchini bread?
This bread can be served as breakfast, snack or dinner!
You can serve it as it is or you can serve it with a side dish of your choice. Go rogue with your favourite flavours!
2. How long does it take to bake zucchini bread?
Zucchini bread takes around 30 to 40 minutes to bake properly.
You can poke it in the centre with a skewer and if it comes out clean, it means that the bread is baked.
Else, if the batter sticks to the skewer, you need to bake it some more.
3. Should I peel the zucchini before grating it?
It is not necessary to peel the zucchini if it is fresh and tender.
It gives beautiful green speckles in the zucchini bread. If you do not like the skin of the zucchini, you can peel it.
4. How to make my zucchini bread tasty?
Adding a pinch of cardamom powder with the cinnamon powder gives your zucchini bread a little extra zing that is mild but super tasty! You can also add in nuts if you like.
5. How to store Zucchini Bread?
This Bread keeps well for up to 3 days in room temperature. If the refrigerator keeps well and good for 1 week. Store the bread in an airtight container.