White chicken chili Instant pot – Purity in your thoughts, brings out love and peace. When there’s purity in your ingredients, have you wondered how would they resonate? This dish is a beautiful rendition of how divine a dish can be.
You can take my word on this White bean Chicken Chili, it is pure, warm, healthy, happy and a kid-friendly one-bowl meal; this is one of those awesome dishes we all need in our lives.
What is White Chicken Chili Recipe (instant pot)?
The name says it all, White Chicken Chili is a one pot meal with all white ingredients.
Everything is white here, right from the chicken breast to white beans and finally the cream that is added towards the end, to thicken this oh so pure dish.
If not for chicken, you can go for turkey.
The green chillies are the flavour heroes in this heart-warming dish. You can spice up this chilli with more chilli peppers or jalapenos for that extra heat.
The longer you cook this chilli, the chicken gets more tender and shreds into lovely strands that forms the perfect texture of this chilli.
Why White bean Chicken Chili?
Why not? It has the flair and sophistication that would make your guests rave about.
Beans, Chilli and Chicken, who wouldn’t agree on this combination? Another perfect dish for a party that you can let it simmer in a slow cooker or quickly make in your instant pot.
The best part is you can stir up this dish with leftover chicken too.
You can add some colour to this rich chilli dish with avocado, tortilla chips, corn kernels, red or green bell peppers, and top it with cilantro, sour cream, or chopped red onions and a generous amount of cheese.
Serve this soupy chilli lavishly in bowls on a cold wintery evening and they are bound to be relished and comforting.
Leftovers? Keep it for the next day, it always tastes better as the flavours blend well when stayed for a longer time.
Ingredients and The Notes:
How to make White chicken chili Recipe :
- Press the “ saute” button in the instant pot, add 2 tsp of olive oil, once the oil heats up add 1 onion (chopped), 6 pods of minced garlic, 1 green chili. Stir and cook till the flavor of garlic is evident. (Photo 1)
- Add 1 chopped tomato, 1/2 cup sweet corns, and 1/2 cup white beans. (Photo 2)
- Add all the spice powders and chicken breast. (Photos 3 & 4)
- Add 1/2 cup chicken stock, 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1/3 cup fresh cream, salt. (Photos 5,6,7,8)
- Mix Everything. Secure with the lid, pressure cook for 20 minutes in high pressure, and naturally allow the pressure to release. (photo 9)
- Using a Laddle shred the chicken, sprinkle cumin powder, and select “saute” cook for 5 minutes. (Photo 10)
- Sprinkle cilantro and serve.
- Suggested white beans – Cannellini Beans, the Great Northern or Navy Beans
- For quick cooking – pour boiling water over the beans for a quick soak and let them stay for an hour.
- Cooking the beans with chicken stock is even more flavourful
- Chicken thighs can also be used instead of chicken breasts, when cooking in a slow cooker
- For dairy-free, skip the cream and blend some of the cooked beans for a rich creamy puree
Referred from Ann Byrn in southernkitchen.com, cream can be avoided (If you are looking for dairy-free) while the chicken broth was introduced.
To reduce the prep time, u can opt for canned white beans while adjusting the salt accordingly.
1.What is White Chicken chili served with?
Serve with Avocado, tortilla chips or cornbread and Jalapenos to spice it up
2.Can White bean Chicken Chili be made ahead of time?
Yes, since it thickens as it sits for long, add some broth or water to thin it down
3.What are the methods of cooking in making White Chicken Chili?
Stovetop or Slow Cooker
4.How do you store Chicken Chili?
It can be refrigerated and can last up to 5 days
5.How long can you freeze White Chicken Chili recipe?
Up to 3 months
Other recipes you may like to try:
- Creamed Corn
- Spinach Dip
- German potato salad
- Mexican Corn salad
- Chicken Quesadilla
- Creamy chicken Enchiladas
- Scalloped potato
- Vegetarian Baked Ziti
- Homemade Guacamole
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print