1. Bake the ziti covered so that the pasta and sauce don’t turn mushy due to excessive moisture in the oven.
2. Bake the ziti until the cheese starts bubbling in the corners and the top cheesy layer turns golden brown.
3. Do not overcook the pasta because we bake the ziti and the pasta soften during this process. Overcooked pasta turns the whole recipe mushy.
4. Once the pasta is cooked and you remove it from the flame, drain out the hot water and rinse with cold water.
This will stop the pasta from cooking further as the heat is enough to continue cooking it. We don’t want the pasta overcooked as it will further get baked in the oven.
5. Penne pasta can be used instead of ziti pasta.
6.Veggies: You may use the veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, spinach that goes well for this recipe.
7. Replace Ricotta with cottage cheese: cottage cheese is versatile enough to use as a replacement for ricotta however the final result may taste little creamy.
To achieve the creaminess, blend cottage cheese a few drops of milk in the blender to get a creamy ricotta cheese.
Keywords: vegetarian baked ziti. baked ziti recipe, ziti recipe