Vazhakai Masala Fry/Plantain Masala Fry
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dry roast and grind: paste 1.
- Pepper- 1 and 1/2 tsp
- coriander seeds- 1tsp
- cumin- 1/2tsp
- Dry red chilli-4
- Onions-1 medium size
- Grind- paste 2:
- coconut-1/4 cup
- salt- to taste.
- To tempering:
- mustard seeds- 1tsp
- curryleaves- 1string
- dry red chillies-3
- Boil the plantain for 2 mins
- Dry roast the peppercorn, cumin,Dry redredchilli, coriander seeds and grind into fine paste by adding garlic, onions and tamarind.-Grinded paste 1.
- Grind coconut, cumin and garlic into paste.- Grinded paste 2.
- Take a pan add in some water, add the plantain, grinded paste 1 masala and salt cook until the masala cooked.
- Now add the grinded paste 2 and cook for 5 mins.
- Finally into a tempering:
- Take a small pan add in oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies.
- Add the tempering to the plantain fry!!
- Plaintain masala fry is ready!! It goes extremely well with sambar, rasam and curd rice.
Step by step pictures:
Now, finally into a tempering:
Take a small pan , add in oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves,dry redchilles for 1 min.
Add in to the plaintain masala.
Plaintain masala fry is ready!!!! It goes well with sambar, rasam, curd rice.