Tomato basil pasta – Make this simple fresh tomato basil pasta cooked in juicy tomatoes, garlic, and basil that can be on your table in under 15 minutes.
What is Tomato Basil Pasta
This Tomato and Basil Pasta are simple, easy, and pantry-friendly pasta recipes that you can make over and over again.
This is an amazing Italian recipe and you will wonder how simple, handy distinctive elements give you the Best pasta that you can make in no time.
This Tomato basil pasta we love for every occasion from busy weeknight dinner, lunch, meal prep or make an ahead dinner, and this pasta recipe is extremely versatile, You can add mushroom, spinach, and proteins to make a complete wholesome meal
What sets this Tomato basil pasta is comforting, exploding with flavors is garlic that is slow-cooked in butter to infuse the flavors
Make this recipe and guarantee to become a new family favorite.
Reason to love:
- They are quick and easy to make, simply cook your pasta, while the pasta is cooking make your sauce that’s it. Dinner is on your table in under 15 mins!
- The ingredients are simple and easy and Versatile you can add veggies like asparagus, zucchini, bell pepper whatever suits your pantry. Also, Italian sausage can be added for more flavors.
- This pasta serves beautifully for every occasion, if you’re a firm believer of pasta like me, I’m sure you will love to make it for any occasion, it re-heats so well best for your meal prep- busy weeknight dinner when you are craving for some restaurant-quality food at home, Try making this Tomato basil pasta with garlic bread on the side. Voila! Your Dinner is perfect!
Ingredients & The Notes:
Pasta: You can use any pasta like angel hair pasta, penne, fettuccini, pappardelle, ziti, campanile they carry the sauce well and gives you the delightful texture to the sauce, and Cook the pasta according to package instruction.
Garlic: As you all know, I love garlic and I’m a huge fan of this divine ingredient. Here the minced garlic is infused in butter that gives you the much-enhanced flavor to the Pasta sauce. You can prefer garlic powder as well, but the real stuff is much much better.
Cherry tomato: I have halved the cherry tomato and other few I have added a whole.
Olive oil: Use extra-virgin olive oil that gives you the depth of the flavor
Italian seasoning: I have mixed Italian seasoning, you use only oregano or any flavors as you prefer.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Prep: Cook your pasta according to the package instruction. Drain the pasta reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, once the oil heats up, add chopped garlic, stir fry the garlic for 1 minute. (Step 1)
- Add Cherry tomato and sprinkle salt, cook for 2 to 3 minutes. ( Step 2)
- Season with chili flakes, dried oregano, and paprika. Cook for another 2 minutes. Add cooked spaghetti pasta. (Step 3 & 4)
- Toss the pasta to combine with tomatoes, add 1/2 cup of pasta water. Continue to cook for another 2 minutes. (Step 4)
- Tomato basil pasta is ready. Sprinkle Chopped basil leaves and serve. (Step 5)
- Do not overcook the pasta, it should be in al-dente. Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- Cook the pasta in salted water that helps to flavor the pasta.
- Slowly cook the garlic in butter that helps the butter to get infused in garlic.
- If you want more creamy, add cream to get the desired consistency also check for the seasonings.
- What do you serve with tomato basil pasta?
You can serve with salad or crusty bread like garlic bread, pull-apart bread, or dinner rolls.
- How long can I store this pasta recipe?
Tomato basil pasta should be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. It stays well and good for up to 2 or 3 days.
- How to re-heat the pasta?
This pasta reheats well, you can re-heat using a microwave or stovetop.
Microwave: Microwave the tomato and basil pasta for a minute, stir, re-heat again until the pasta is warmed up.
Stove-top: Transfer the pasta to the saucepan, splash some warm water to thin the sauce to get the required creamy consistency.
- What are the variations can I add to this pasta?
You can use chicken, Italian sausage, turkey, or rotisserie chicken, veggies like carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, zucchini, can be added.
You can use dry dried tomatoes that are available in the market.
You can make it cheesy by adding some grated parmesan cheese.
- How can I make the sauce more creamy?
You can make the sauce more creamy and rich by adding some milk and mascarpone cheese that easily melds with pasta sauce.
Other Recipes you may like to try:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print