This creamy tender coconut kheer is incredibly delicious with delicate bites of tender coconuts, perfect balance of sweetness is by far the easiest tender coconut recipes I’ve ever made- and one of the best!
- 1 1/2 cups Tender coconut pulp
- 1 cup Coconut water
- 3/4 cup Condensed milk
- 2 cup Milk
- 2 tbs Sugar
- 4 pods Cardamom seeds
- 2 tbs Dry fruits
- Take half tender coconut pulp along with coconut water and pulse for few seconds and keep aside.
How to make tender coconut kheer:
- Heat up milk and cardamom seeds over a medium heat and boil for 5 to 10 mins over a medium heat.
- Add condensed milk and sugar, constantly stir for 5 mins.
- Finally add chopped tender coconut pulp and simmer over a low heat for 5 mins.
- Add in chopped nuts .Tender coconut kheer is ready to be served.
- Serve them chilled.
Variations You Can Make:
Palmyra ( Nungu)- You can make this recipe using Palmyra. This taste delicious because of the texture & taste of Palmyra.
Elaneer Payasam with Jaggery: Firstly, Take 1/2 cup jaggery and water in the saucepan, stir over medium heat until the jaggery completely dissolves and it slightly thickens. Strain the mixture and keep it aside. This can be replaced instead of condensed milk.
Nuts: You can add any nuts like almonds, cashews, raisins of your choice.
How do you Serve Tender coconut Kheer?
This can be served either cold or hot. My personal favourite is to have a chilled tender coconut payasam.
*How do you store Elaneer payasam?
Keep them in the refrigerator for 3 days. I have kept this elaneer payasam in the freezer it keeps well for a week. Since it has thickened it has become more creamy and tasted like Kulfi.
- Category: Dessert, Drinks, indian dessert, Snacks/sweet
- Cuisine: Indian, south Indian