Kumbakonam style Tamarind Rice/Puliogara
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: VEG - RICE
- Cuisine: Indian
- Cooked rice- 1 and 1/2 cup
- Tamarind – a small lemon sized ball.
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp.
- Fenugreek seeds- tsp.
- Sesame oil – 2 tbs.
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp.
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Peanuts- 1 tbs
- Curry leaves – 2 string.
- Salt – to taste.
- Dry roast the fenugreek seeds and grind into a fine powder.
- In a pan add in oil, add in mustard seeds, channa dal, dry red chillies,peanuts, curry leaves cook for 1 min.
- Add the dry roasted fenugreek powder.
- Add the tamarind pulp, salt, turmeric powder, cook until the oil oozes out.
You can add some finely chopped ginger in the seasoning.
Using gingely oil/ sesame oil gives the tamarind rice more flavourful.
The measurement which can be changed according to ur taste bud.
Make sure you cook 1 hour before serving.
Step by step pictures:
Dry roast the fenugreek seeds.
Serve with onion pakoda and pappad.0