Bell Peppers on fire, where the sweet and spicy complement each other. It’s not just a beauty to assemble them on your table, it’s a healthy filling in a healthy hollow bowl. This is one such classic Italian meal, you’ll love to explore over and over again.
- 2 bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon parsley (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chicken (minced)
- 3/4th cup tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 cup rice (cooked rice)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (Divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt.
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups of water.
- Preheat your oven 350 degrees/ 175 degrees C 10 minutes before baking.
- Cut the bell pepper and take out the seeds and make a hollow space for the stuffing.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the saucepan, add 1 tablespoon minced garlic and1/4 cup chopped onion. Stir and cook for 1 minute until the onion begins to brown lightly.
- Add all the spices stir and cook for a few seconds.
- Add 3/4th minced chicken. Scramble and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped 3/4th cup tomatoes. Stir and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, parsley, and mozzarella cheese, Mix well. The stuffings are ready.
- Scoop some chicken and rice stuffing in the hollow space inside the bell pepper.
- Stuff them tightly.
- Let’s make the tomato sauce: To the small mixing bowl, add tomato paste, paprika, lemon juice, oregano, basil, and water. Stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce in the baking tray and place the stuffed pepper.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese. These are ready to pop in the preheated oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes 350 degrees F/ 175 degrees C.
- The rice needs to be cooked till underdone, as the rice gets cooked again after being stuffed in the peppers
- The best rice to use for stuffing is short grain or round rice, which is soft and sticks together when cooked
- Choose large and round bell peppers, for easy filling; if you’re using the whole bell pepper, make sure to choose those with a good base for a firm standing
- Roasting the bell peppers before the stuffing will help retain the flavor and shape.
- Category: Maincourse
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: stuffed pepper, stuffed bellpepper , italian stuffed pepper