These sticky toffee pudding is my favorite cupcake EVER! Award winning deliciousness! These are delightfully fleecy and totally drenched with heavenly Toffee sauce makes it ultimately moist and sodden!
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2/3 cup Hot water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
For Tofee Sauce
- 2 Tbs butter
- 5 Tbs Light brown sugar
- 4 Tbs double cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degreeC( 350 Degree F)10 minutes before baking.
- Place the chopped dates in a bowl with baking soda and pour over a hot water, stir and then set is aside.
- Sift the flour and baking powder, add softened butter. Rub in between your fingertips until the mixture resemble crumble.
- Stir in the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and the date mixture. Beat with the wooden spoon until smooth.
- Spoon into the baking case and bake for 25 mins until well risen. Leave it to cool for 5 mins.
To make the topping
- Place the butter, sugar and cream in a small pan over a low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring it to boil for 1 or 2 min until the mixture is thicken.
- Brush quickly on each cake as the mixture will set as it cools.
- Store them in a airtight container for 2 days.
Variations you can make:
Flavours : You can add dash of cinnamon powder/nutmeg powder in cake batter.
Raisins: You can add raisins to build-up a rich flavours.
Sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce:
Bring 3 tbs of sugar with 1/2 cup of water to boil simmer for few minutes to develop a reduced rich golden caramel. Add cream and butter simmering for 5 min to make butterscotch sauce.
Sticky toffee pudding with salted caramel sauce:
Bring 3 tbs of sugar with 1/2 cup of water to boil simmer for few minutes to develop a reduced rich golden caramel. Add cream and butter simmering for 5 min, finally sprinkle 1 pinch of salt to make salted caramel sauce.
How long does the homemade sticky toffee pudding last?
This toffee pudding cake keeps well for 4 to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and in the freezer upto 3 upto months.
Both the pudding and toffee sauce can be made ahead of time and stored separately in fridge. Before you serve, warm the pudding in microwave high for a minute.
How would you serve sticky toffee pudding:
Serve warm toffee pudding, drizzled with hot toffee sauce with vanilla ice cream.
- Category: baking, Dessert
- Cuisine: American