Indulge in the smooth and creamy spinach delight to go with your mouth-watering main course dishes! Enhance the flavors of your dishes right from roti to ratatouille with this tasty spinach dip delight.
- 2 cups Spinach (chopped)
- 3/4th cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoon Fresh cream
- 2 tablespoon Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Pre-heat your oven 190 degrees C/ 375 degrees F for 10 minutes prior to baking.
- Heat butter in a saucepan
- Add minced garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped spinach. Cook till the spinach is wilted.
- Transfer the cooked spinach to a small mixing bowl. Add pepper powder, oregano, mixed herbs, salt
- Stir in mozzarella cheese, yogurt, cream mix to combine.
- Transfer to the baking dish, even out the layer.
- Add grated mozzarella cheese and pop into the oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in 375 degrees F/190 degrees C.
Drain the water completely from the cooked spinach. Any residual water can change the consistency of your dip and make it runny.
Use freshly cooked spinach for the maximum flavor of the spinach.
If you are making a cheese-based dip, use a combination of cheeses to get a splash of flavors in your dip.
If you are using yogurt, use thick yogurt to get the right consistency. Once you mix the spinach and yogurt, the spinach will release a little bit of water even after you drain it. If you use runny yogurt, it will have a watery consistency.
- Category: Sides/Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Spinach dip, spinach dip recipe, hot spinach dip