A Simple, Classic Mutton chops recipe which is undoubtedly the best one! You would simply wonder how the simple and humble ingredients pull out the flavours, just out of the world!! Making Mutton chops can’t be easier than this!
- 1/2 kg Mutton/lamb-1/2kg
- 1 tbs Gingelly oil
- 1 sprig curryleaves
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 1 Elachi
- 4 Cloves
- 3 Onions
- 2 Tomatos
- 4 Dry red chilli
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 3 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbs Curd
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Heat up the pressure cooker, add in oil, cinnamon, cloves, elachi,curryleaves
- Add in onions, dry red chilli and sauté until the onions turns light brown.
- Add in the Ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell disappears.
- Add in Tomatos and cook for 5 mins.
- Add in mutton, chilli powder, coriendar powder, turmeric powder and salt and sauté it for 10 mins.
- Add curd/yoghurt, water, sprinkle some coriander leaves and Pressure cook for 6-7 whistles.
- Once the pressure is released open the pressure cooker and cook for another 10 mins until you get the desired consistency.
- Spicy Mutton chops is ready! Serve Hot with rice, roti, idly or dosa.
Tips To make Best Mutton chops:
Quality-Meat: The taste of the mutton chops depends on the quality of the meat. Getting fresh tender Lamb/mutton pieces to gives you greater taste.
Gingelly oil- I used gingerly for this recipe, you could also use peanut oil. The mutton pieces are wells sauteed and roasted in gingerly oil that gives you the mega flavour.
Well-sauteed: Over medium heat, the meat and the masala should be sautéed well. Once the pressure has released, causing the cooked mutton pieces gives you the finest taste ever.
Freshly pound ginger garlic paste: Always add freshly ground ginger garlic paste to get the real taste of the curry.
- Category: Non-veg Gravy
- Cuisine: Indian, south Indian