Spaghetti and meatballs Recipe – Tender and Juicy Chicken Meatballs drooling over an amazing Spaghetti sauce is something that will make anyone rave about. This steamy hot classic dish on a date night is simply the definition of love and comfort food.
What You'll Find in This Post (Show all)
How did Spaghetti with Meatballs Recipe begin?
Spaghetti and meatballs recipe is an Italian-American dish comprising of its 3 superheroes – spaghetti, meatballs, and tomato-based marinara sauce.
It all evolved to satisfy the taste buds of the Americans with, of course, the Italian touch, into a dish filled with a perfect combination of flavors and textures, which were well thought and perfected.
Reason to love this Spaghetti Meatballs:
Spaghetti and Meatballs is classic comfort food that makes a great family meal.
The intense sauce filled with an explosion of flavors will compliment your palate.
It’s a great recipe for go-to meal parties or when you’re hosting one at home because it freezes and reheats well.
How to make Spaghetti and meatballs:
To make Chicken Meatballs Recipe:
To make Spaghetti Sauce:
When choosing spaghetti, try to look for whole-grain spaghetti or whole-wheat pasta to get the most of the nutrients and fiber
For tender meatballs, the secret ingredient is bread; preferably white bread; if not, you can use whole wheat or soft sliced bread
I have used chicken for this recipe. To get the best flavourful meatballs, the secret lies in the combination of meats, You can use the combination of minced beef and pork.
If you’re making meatballs in larger batches, baking them ensures even cooking; while baking is simple and will save you a few calories, pan-frying is the fastest way to cook meatballs.
1. Spaghetti is a source of fiber, especially whole-grain spaghetti.
High Fibre intake helps your immune system to fight infections and is essential for a healthy digestive system.
2. It also makes you feel full after meals, thereby helping you to eat less and maintain a healthy weight.
3. A serving of marinara sauce provides Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and iron.
1. The amount of spaghetti you have is what scores for you as a healthy meal.
2. If you’re following a gluten-free diet, you can try to find gluten-free pasta made from corn or rice.
3. To pay homage to the Italian roots, you can spice up the heat of the meatballs by adding red pepper flakes.
Apart from that, your choices are endless, to experiment with the spices and flavor for the meatballs.
1. How best can you serve spaghetti meatballs?
Spaghetti and meatballs serve best with Garlic bread or a salad and for the wine lovers, go Italian – Italian wine.
2. Can raw meatballs be cooked directly in the sauce?
Adding raw meatballs to the sauce and gently simmering till cooked gives tender meatballs and also infuses the sauce with the meaty flavor (provided, it is slow-cooked)
3. How ahead of time, can you prepare the meatballs and the sauce?
Up to 3 days before, the meatballs and the sauce can be prepared and set to freeze
On the day of serving, the spaghetti is to be cooked and tossed into the meatballs and sauce (after it has been heated until piping hot)