This Shrimp Toast recipe is a restaurant delicious a crowd-pleasing appetizer, beautifully coated with sesame seeds that will disappear in minutes.
- 4 bread sliced
- 10 shrimp ( medium sizes0
- 5 garlic pods
- 2 spring onion
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cooking oil
- To a blender, add shrimp, garlic, spring onions, pepper powder, and paprika, salt, squeeze half a lemon juice.
- Blend them finely to make a fine paste or until smooth. Stop the blender periodically and use the spatula to scrape on the sides.
- Cut the toast diagonally or you can also use whole toast. ( I did not cut the crust but in a restaurant, they serve you crustless, trimmed off the edges)
- Using a knife or small spoon, spread the layer of the shrimp mixture onto the toast. Make sure it reaches all the edges.
- Spread sesame seeds on a flat plate, place the toast over the sesame seeds facing the shrimp pastedown, and press them gently.
- So the sesame seeds stick to the paste.
- Heat oil in the frying pan, place the shrimp paste side facing the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat and brown the bread on the other side.
Purchase the highest quality shrimp for the delectable shrimp Toast.
Please feel free to trim it off the edge of the crust if you prefer to have crustless bread.
Some restaurant’s shrimp toast is deep-fried, if you prefer to deep-fry use neutral oil.
There are a lot of variations you can make with this shrimp toast, you can add your favorite herbs to elevate the flavors, add various spice rubs to bring out the different tastes.
The toast cooks very fast, make sure to flip it once the shrimp side turned golden.
- Category: Starter
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: shrimp toast, shrimp toast recipe, chinese takeout