Tops tips to make best Rava Kesari Recipe:
- Semolina: I have used roasted Rava. Nowadays roasted Rava is available in the market. So that you can skip the step to roast them.
If not, the first step to make the sheera recipe is to roast the Rava. Get a good quality fine rava to get the right consistency.
- Stir while you add semolina: To avoid lumps, first lower the heat, then add Rava while you stir on the other hand. That helps you to avoid lumps.
- Sugar: Add sugar only when the Rava is half cooked otherwise the Rava will not be cooked thoroughly.
- Ghee: Good quality ghee plays a key ingredient in the flavours of this recipe.
- Food colour: Food colour is actually optional for this recipe. I have used orange food colour to get a lovely colour for this recipe. However, you may also avoid using them.
- Nuts: Fry the nuts and raisins to a nice golden colour that enhances the flavour. You may also add sliced almonds.
- Essence: I have used pineapple essence for this recipe. You may also add cardamom powder.
- Fruits: I have used chopped pineapple, grapes and pomegranate. You May add all together or just the pineapple is actually enough.