This wheat Rava Kesari / samba Rava Kesari is healthy, easy to make delicious Indian dessert all just need a few minutes to whip up!
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 10 to 15 no Cashews
- 6 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon orange food colour
- 3 cardamoms
- 2 cups Wheat Rava
- 3 cups of sugar
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan/ iron Kadai. Add cashews
- Fry them to a light golden colour.
- Add 3 cups of water
- Add orange food colour
- Over medium heat, bring the water to boil
- Add the crushed cardamom
- Once the water comes to boil, Add samba Rava or wheat rava.
- Quickly stir to avoid the lumps.
- Cover with the pan and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the rava is cooked and water has been absorbed.
- Add sugar.
- Stir for 2 minutes, the sugar would melt to get a creamy consistency.
- Add ghee and turn off the heat.
Tips to make best Wheat Rava Kesari:
- I have used roasted wheat rava, you may roast the rava in ghee for minute before you proceed.
- Unlike other Rava Kesari recipe, this samba Rava Kesari requires more liquid to cook. So, just make sure to add the right amount of water to cook the wheat rava and to get the right consistency.
- I have added cashews, you may add almonds, raisins, walnuts or any nuts as your preference.
- Adding quality ghee gives you the best flavour for this recipe.
- I have used orange food colour, you may use yellow food colour.
- Add wheat rava after the water comes to boil.
- Make sure to stir the water while you add the Rava that helps to remove the lumpiness.
- Add sugar, only after the Rava is cooked.
- This recipe can be prepared using pressure cooker, you can cook the wheat rava for 2 hisses and let the pressure releases naturally.
- Possible variations:
- Godhumai rava Kesari with Jaggery: You may use 2 cups of jaggery instead of white sugar. Taste and add as per your preference.
- With Palm jaggery /karupaati: You May 2 cups of palm jaggery. Allow the jaggery to melt in 1 cup of water to make jaggery syrup.
- Category: Dessert/Snack
- Method: StoveTop
- Cuisine: indian
Keywords: samba rava kesari, wheat rava kesari, Godhuma rava halwa