Roasted Tomato Basil Soup -After a long tiring day of work, you all need the pampering, that wins your heart right on; something that nourishes your body and mind. The usual is a hot cup of tea/coffee or maybe a chilled glass of juice.
Instead, spice it up a notch higher and relish the aroma of roasted tomatoes, and savour every soup spoonful of the magical blending of what is called as the Roasted Tomato Basil Soup recipe.
What is a Roasted Tomato Basil Soup?
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup with fresh tomatoes that are roasted and blended with lovely spices is a burst of flavours. Roasting your tomatoes is the hallmark of this soup.
When you roast them, it renders out an intense flavour and the good news to all those garlic flavour lovers (count me in) is that your tomatoes can be accompanied with garlic for the roasting.
These humble and healthy ingredients are the ones that make the most sublime dishes.
Why do I love Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe?
My memory lane goes back to a Tuscano restaurant in Manila, where I had my first spoon of Roasted Tomato Soup. Ever since, my husband and I were regular visitors with our regular Tomato Soup order.
If you know me well, you will know that I don’t stop with just eating. The recipe that I’ve shared here is the replica of what I had experienced there.
Hope you’ll agree with me in making the best use of garden fresh tomatoes, as you recreate this soup to sate your taste buds.
This is a perfect comforting bowl when you’re feeling under the weather. Serve it on a chilly day; you’ll be glad to warm the hearts around you.
Serve this soup with a grilled cheese for the kids; it will become one of their regular orders.
How to make Tomato Soup with Basil :
- Always use ripe red tomatoes, to avoid the excess sourness
- You can alter the texture of the soup by the way you purée the tomato mixture and by the addition of stock or cream
- If using canned tomatoes, choose the ones with low sodium content
Without a shadow of doubt, you all know how tomatoes are good for you. Rich in Vitamin C and being naturally sodium-free, cholesterol-free, rich in fibre and in plenty of more nutrients, cooked tomatoes yield more benefits than raw tomatoes.
Having soup before a meal may reduce calorie intake and aid in weight-loss. Soup is anytime a naturally healthy dish that preserves the nutritional value in the broth and contains a high quantity of water that will keep your skin healthy.
Tomato Soup can be served cold or warm; it tastes good either way.
If you don’t prefer cream, add oat milk or chicken stock.
- What is Roasted Tomato Basil Soup best served with?
Garnished with cream or cheese and basil and is best accompanied with Bread, Baguette or a Grilled-Cheese Sandwich
- What are the best tomatoes preferred?
San Marzano, Roma or Plum tomatoes
- Can the tomatoes be roasted on a stove top?
Yes, you can roast the tomatoes and garlic, drizzled with oil on a saucepan, until the tomatoes become soft and sticky
- Can the soup be stored?
It can be refrigerated for 4-5 days in an air-tight container
Other Soup Recipes You’ll love to try:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS ROASTED TOMATO BASIL RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print
Roasted Tomato Basil soup
Roasted Tomato Soup with fresh tomatoes that are roasted and blended with lovely spices is a burst of flavours.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: stovetop and Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegetarian
To Oven Roast:
- 5 Tomatoes
- 8 Garlic pods
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
To make Tomato basil soup:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup beetroot
- 5 to 6 leaves of fresh basil leaves.
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1/2 vegetable stock powder5
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 2.5 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cream.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
To oven Roast Tomato and garlic:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F/ 200 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- On a baking tray, place the sliced tomato, garlic, drizzle some olive oil, pepper powder, and salt. Toss lightly and roast for 30 minutes.
To make Tomato Basil Soup:
- Heat olive oil in the saucepan, add sliced onion, cook till the onions turn to a light golden color.
- Add beetroot. Saute and cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the roasted tomato, garlic, caramelized onion and beetroot, and a bunch of basil leaves. Blend to a puree.
- Transfer the puree to a saucepan, add Italian mixed herbs, pepper powder, vegetable stock powder, a few sprigs of fresh basil leaves, and 2 or 3 cups of water.
- Bring to boil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add butter or cream and Turn off the heat.
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup is Ready to be served.
• Always use ripe red tomatoes, to avoid the excess sourness.
• You can alter the texture of the soup by the way you purée the tomato mixture and by the addition of stock or cream
• If using canned tomatoes, choose the ones with low sodium content
Keywords: tomato basil soup, tomato basil soup recipe, tomato soup with basil