Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe – These are crispy, crunchy, nutty Roasted Brussel sprouts So quick and Easy Airfryer recipe with the classic and magical combination of garlic, lemon, butter, and seasonings. Best for your sides or fabulous snacks.
What is Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe?
These Airfryer Roasted Brussel are healthy, delicious, and super addictive.
Brussel sprouts look like baby cabbage but not baby cabbage. They are part of the same family. With cabbages, we eat the head that grows out of the ground. Brussel sprouts, on the other hand, are buds that grow along the length of the thick, fibrous stalk.
These tiny Brussel sprouts are coated with an amazing blend of spices that level up the Brussels and coated with panko Bread crumbs to get incredible crunchy Roasted Brussel sprouts and Airfrying them making it easier and quicker than you think.
There are so many variations that you can make this with this tiny.. tiny little vegetable.
The key technique to cook the Brussel sprouts is not to be overcooked, if the Brussel sprouts are overcooked they turn bitter and squishy.
They contain glucosinolates compounds, the longer they’re cooked, the more sulfur they release. So don’t overcook your Brussel sprouts.
And, you will have the AMAZING, crispy, tender roasted Brussel sprouts.
Reason to love this Roasted brussel sprouts:
- Healthy: Brussel sprouts are high in fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, making them a nutritious addition to your diet.
- Quick and Easy: They can be on your table in under 15 minutes, tossed with easy pantry-friendly ingredients.
- Variations: They are customizable with your favorite sauces and seasoning. You can use cajun seasoning, Chinese 5 spice, smoked paprika.
How to make Roasted Brussel Sprouts:
- Brussel sprouts: Look for the freshest sprouts that are green and with a white base and firm to touch. Avoid getting browned, moist, moldy sprouts. Brown and dark spots on the leaf are the indications they are going bad.
- Panko bread crumbs: Panko bread crumbs are Japanese-style bread crumbs, you can find in your local grocery store where bread crumbs are available. They give you a crisper and cruncher texture.
- Garlic: I have used minced garlic for fresh flavors, you may use garlic powder as well.
- Lemon juice: To balance out the flavor, a light squeeze of lemon juice to kick out the flavors.
- Italian seasoning: I have mixed Italian seasoning, you use only oregano or any flavors as you prefer.
- Pepper powder: use less or more as per your preference. You can always add more pepper to taste after roasting.
- Olive and Butter: Though you use an Air fryer to roast the sprouts, you need some kind of fat to get the right crispy texture.
- I have used a combination of olive oil and butter. You may use grapeseed oil, avocado oil.
1. Should we need to cut Brussel sprouts in half before roasting?
Yes, Cut the sprouts in half if they are less than 1 inch then leave them whole. Peel the flimsy outer layer and cut them in halve. They will retain the shape even if they are halved.
2. Why are my roasted Brussels is soggy?
If the sprouts are overcooked they turn mushy, if they are cooked perfectly they turn crisper and mildly flavored.
3. Can I make this recipe in the oven?
Yes, you can spread the Brussel sprouts in the baking tray and bake in the 400 degrees F/ 204 Degree C and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until they reach the desired texture.
4. Do we have to wash Brussel sprouts before roasting?
After Rising Brussel sprouts, pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel, there will be no moisture content in sprouts otherwise they may turn soggy.
This Roasted Brussel sprouts Pairs well with:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print