Classic Red Sauce pasta is an ultimately comforting, creamy and a bowl of deliciousness! If you are craving for the Quick pasta Dinner this is the one to make without many efforts!
- 1 cup pasta
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 5 Garlic pods
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese
- To boiling water, add pasta and cook till they are al-dente.
- Add diced tomatoes to a food processor/blender. Puree the tomatoes and keep aside.
- To a saute pan, heat up olive oil add finely chopped garlic and let it cook for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and cook for 2 to 3 mins till the onions are translucent. Add required amount of salt
- Now, add the tomato puree.Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chili flakes, dried basil, and some mixed herbs. Keep stirring for 3 to 5mins till the red sauce is well cooked.
- Add cooked pasta. Gently toss the pasta to the red sauce.
- I have taken some cooked pasta water/milk to thin out the consistency of red pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese and serve.
Tips to make Pasta with Red Sauce:
1.Pasta: You can use any shapes of pasta you have in your pantry. Check for the package instruction before cooking.
2.Tomato: I have juicy pulpy tomatoes for a red sauce, you can get a canned tomato sauce.
3. Herbs: Add spices/herbs according to your taste preference.
4. Pasta water: To thin out the consistency of the pasta sauce, add cooked pasta water 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup according to the consistency you like.
- Category: brunch, dinner, Main
- Cuisine: Italian