This Creamy Punjabi Matar Paneer taste just from your favourite Restaurant. Richly Satisfying, comforting and flavorful.
- 1 cup Paneer/Cottage cheese
- 2 tbs Oil
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 tbs Chilli powder-
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 2 inch Ginger
- 6 Garlic
- 1 tbs Fennel seeds
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Cardamom
- 4 Dry redchilli
- 10 Cashews
- Firstly, grind all the ingredients listed under “ to grind” to a fine paste by adding 1/3 cup of water.
- Heat up oil in saute pan, add cumin, add freshly ground masala, keep saluting for 5 to 8 mins over a low-medium heat.Keep stirring to avoid burn-out.
- Once the masala has sauted well, add chili powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add peas and Keep sauting for 3 to 5 mins.
- Add some water and cook the gravy for 5 mins
- Add paneer cubes and milk cook further for 5 mins.
- Matar Paneer is ready to be served!
How do you make Mutter Paneer without onion and garlic?
To make matar paneer without onion and garlic: Heat up oil, add cumin seeds, tomato puree, add all the spice powders, then follow the procedure.
Can I replace Tofu for this recipe?
Yes! Ofcourse! You can replace tofu instead of Cottage cheese.
- Category: gravy veg, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian