Punjabi Lassi, lusciously creamy, refreshing Indian drink made of yogurt, best for your summer with truly you will crave more!
The most famous beverage in Punjab that is famous worldwide is lassi or lassie recipe
The wholesome glass of curd mixed and blended with sugar, dry fruits is a smoothie for your summers.
The beverage is kind of glory of Punjabis, and they have the best lassi making competitions also in which lassi is prepared in huge handis and the whole community has an amazing time.
Isn’t it mouth-watering! We are also approaching summer and here we are with the Punjabi lassi recipe for you, now you don’t have to be in Punjab to have this lassi, you can have it right in your kitchen.
Why this recipe works?
1. Lassi has a very smooth and light texture that is a must-have for summers.
2. Curd has antioxidants that are good for your skin and health.
Having lassi after a meal helps in perfect digestion and also completes your meal.
3. As a traditional serve after the meal in Punjab, lassi gives a chilling effect to your tongue and serve with mint leaves or mango puree can be add ons that brings out variety in the taste.
How to make Punjabi Lassi:
Tips for serving the best Lassi Recipe:
1. To make really thick lassi, always use less liquid vs yogurt amount.
Because it is thick inconsistency, it is heavy and filling.
2. But if you prefer a thin and light version then add more liquid (water or milk).
3. The lassi could be a normal chilled in temperature for the best taste.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is lassi good for weight loss?
In Ayurveda medicine, lassi “cools” the digestive system, aiding gut function.
And from a modern medical perspective, lassi is a fermented food that contains many healthy bacteria, or probiotics, which decrease bloating and reduce inflammation—two key contributors
to weight loss.
2. How can I thicken my lassi?
You can also add 2 cups of chilled milk, instead of water.
The consistency of this lassi is neither thin nor thick. If you want a thick lassi, then add 1 to 1.5 cups water.
3. What should we do if our curd is not set?
If your kitchen got a bit cool while the yogurt sat, fermentation may have slowed down.
It hasn’t stopped, but you may need to give it more time to thicken. Place the yogurt in a
warm location to speed up the process. Your oven is a good place to let the yogurt sit overnight
Recipes You May Like:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!