Pudina rice recipe or mint pulao is the most simple and addicting rice recipe that you can make in no time! This Pudina Rice has layers of flavors and simply makes everything better!
Make this one-pot pudina rice recipe that has abundant flavors and rice is perfectly cooked. This humble and simple ingredient Mint has the numerous health benefits and making Mint pulao is truly scrumptious.
This Pudina rice is easy to make and needs very minimal prep to make this recipe.
This recipe is going to be your savior if you are craving a delicious meal to prepare in very minimal effort.
The texture of the rice, the flavors of the mint spiked with onion, tomato, the ginger-garlic paste is a mouthful if flavors just can’t seem to get enough of!
Why this Recipe works:
This is a one-pot meal and easy to prepare.
Pudina rice is so versatile, you can combine some veggies and make it healthy.
The ingredients are very simple and pantry friendly!
How to make Pudina Rice:
Pudina Rice Ingredients
Tips to make the best pudina rice recipe:
1. Soak the basmati rice 15 minutes before cooking.
2. Use fresh mint leaves for the best flavors. Discard if the leaves darken.
3. I used long grain basmati rice, you may use Seeraga samba rice as well.
4. You may use coconut milk for more flavors and taste.
5. You can increase the spiciness by adding extra chilies.
6. I prefer adding freshly ground ginger garlic paste to bring the best taste and aroma.
7. If you can add vegetables like mushroom, cauliflower, potato, peas, carrots, beans would combine well for this pudina rice.
8. Add the veggies when you saute onion tomato masala and follow the recipe.
1. How do you serve pudina rice?
2. How long can I store the leftover Mint pulao?
The left-over rice can be stored in an air-tight container and refrigerated for 3 days.
To heat, you can microwave for 1 minute or cook in the open pan just to heat it up.
3. What is the water ratio for basmati rice?
The Basmati rice water ratio is usually mentioned in the package.
I have used 1 cup of Basmati rice that requires 1.5 cups of water for a closed pan.
Other Recipes you may like to try:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print
Pudhina Rice recipe or mint pulao is the most simple and addicting rice recipe that you can make in no time!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Maincourse
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: indian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 4 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- 3 bay leaf
- 2 star Anise
- 2 onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomato
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup curd/yogurt
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- Ingredients to make pudina rice are taken. I have washed and soaked basmati rice.
- To a blender, add mint leaves and green chilies, add 1/4 cup water.
- Ground to a smooth puree and set aside.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pressure cooker, add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, star anise. Let it sizzle for a few seconds.
- Add sliced onions and salt. Let the onions turn translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, stir fry for few minutes to remove the raw smell of the paste.
- Add chopped tomato, cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add chili powder and turmeric powder, fry for few seconds.
- Add ground mint paste, stir fry for few seconds.
- In goes curd/yogurt. Stir everything to get combined.
- Add basmati rice. Gently mix the rice.
- Add required amount of water, check for salt and pressure cook for 2 hisses. Let the pressure release of its own.
- Open the lid, add 1 teaspoon of ghee, gently mix the rice and serve.
Tips to make the best pudina Rice:
Soak the basmati rice 15 minutes before cooking.
Use fresh mint leaves for the best flavors. Discard if the leaves darken.
I used long grain basmati rice, you may use Seeraga samba rice as well.
You may use coconut milk for more flavors and taste.
You can increase the spiciness by adding extra chilies.
I prefer adding freshly ground ginger garlic paste to bring the best taste and aroma.
If you can add vegetables like mushroom, cauliflower, potato, peas, carrots, beans would combine well for this pudina rice.
Add the veggies when you saute onion tomato masala and follow the recipe.
Keywords: pudina rice, pudina rice recipe, mint pulao