The classic Potato pancake is way to make and serves as a fantastic appetiser or side dish. All you need to whip up this amazing perfect potato pancakes is just 6 ingredients.
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel the potato skin and pulse for in food chopper for few seconds.
- Add onion to the same food processor and pulse for another few seconds
- To a food processor, add peeled potato and pulse for a few seconds.
- To a pulsed potato, add onion and pulse for just a few seconds to get grated onions and potato.
- Wrap the grated onion and potato in a cheesecloth and squeeze the excess water, set aside.
- To a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, chili flakes, pepper powder, salt Mix well.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Now add the squeezed onion and potato. Mix well to make a pancake batter.
- Heat butter/oil in a pan and pour the mixture into small pancakes. Cook on both sides.
Tips to make best Potato pancakes recipe:
Potatoes: Due to high starch content, russet potatoes are typically used to make potato pancakes. You may also use certain types of potatoes if you don’t have Russet.
Seasonings: According to your taste bud, you can use any seasonings. Just to keep it the way you love it.
Squeeze out the liquid: It improves the consistency of the potato pancakes by squeezing out the fluids from the onions and potato.
- Category: starter
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: potato pancake, potato pancakes, pancakes recipe, potato pancakes recipe, easy potato pancakes