Pesto eggs – If you love Pesto and Egg, then this is the sure shot way to start your day with delicious breakfast or brunch under 5 mins!
Here Goes the viral TikTok Pesto Eggs Recipe!
About The Recipe:
If you are a firm believer in pesto and you think the pesto should go on everything, try creating this pesto Eggs Recipe,
Yes, that Tiktok trend recipe, that one recipe which went on viral, everyone approved ways to cook egg for breakfast.
The beauty of the recipe is, the pesto act as a replacement for oil that has olive oil in it, also it is important to cook the pesto at low heat as the olive oil has a low smoke point.
The best thing about the recipe is, it is versatile. You can use mashed avocado, layers of cheese, any slices of bread, seasonings of your choice. Level up this pesto eggs recipe for your taste bud!
Reason To love:
- Quick & Easy- It doesn’t get much easier than this, it works like a magic, take pesto, eggs, and bread, and you’re done.
- Versatile: Again, there are countless variations to serve, if you’re not a fan of runny egg yolk, No worries! Scramble the egg softly with pesto and serve over the toast.
- It is delicious, hearty, and filling! The pesto is swaddled in a luscious egg, will everyone crave for more!
Ingredients- What you’ll need
- Pesto – You can use either homemade or store-bought pesto sauce. Traditionally, it is made with basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil. The sauce comes together quickly and freezes beautifully.
- Eggs – Use any of the following eggs, standard white eggs, standard brown eggs, organic eggs, or quail eggs.
- Chilli flakes – You can also use paprika, smoked paprika, or cayenne pepper in place of the chilli flakes.
- Pepper powder– Adjust with pepper powder to taste.
Instruction Step By Step:
- In a medium non-stick pan, Heat pesto over low heat until slightly shimmering. (Step 1)
- When the pesto is warm, Crack the eggs over the pesto, cover, and cook for 2 to 3 mins over low heat until the eggs white are cooked/set, keeping the yolk runny. (You may also cook for yolks harder, give them a little more time) (Step 2)
- Season with pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. (Step 3)
- Remove the eggs from the pan and place them on the toast.Egg Pesto is ready!
- Lower the heat while you cook pesto, otherwise, it may burn.
- Store-bought pesto works for this recipe. I highly recommend you to try the homemade pesto sauce that you will no longer buy the store-bought one’s.
- I recommend using a nonstick skillet or frying pan.
- You may use any type of toasted bread to serve the pesto eggs.
- Cover with the glass lid and cook the eggs, this way you can see the egg are cooked.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How to serve?
These Pesto eggs can be served over the,
- How long can I store it?
This recipe tastes best when served fresh. But you can store the cooked eggs in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Store them in an airtight container.
- Can I make it ahead of time?
You can prep your Pesto sauce ahead of time and when you want to make pesto eggs, everything comes together in under 5 mins! It is best to serve Fresh!
- What is the best pesto to use?
Ideally, basil pesto works wonderfully well for their flavors of pinenuts and olive oil beautifully meld with basil leaves, you may try parsley pesto too.
- How to make Scramble Egg Pesto?
While the pesto is simmering in low heat, crack open the egg, over the low heat stir the egg with pesto to get soft scrambled eggs. This happens quickly, so keep eye on it.
Spoon over the toasted bread and serve.
Other Recipes you may like to try:
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways you can support your favorite food bloggers? If you made this recipe, please click the stars below to comment and Rate this Recipe and/or share photos on social media using the hashtag #Nithisclickncook or tagging @nithisclickncookPrint