Step by Step pictures:Pepper Rasam Resipe | Milagu Rasam Recipe | Pepper Soup
Take a lemon sized ball of tamarind and soak it, just mash the tomatoes not to grind them, it would be nice if u get the chunky bits of tomato when u eat..
Add pepper in the blender/mixer, since its pepper rasam make sure the dominant flavour is peppperrrr… 🙂 oh ! yeah its spicy too..
Blend into a fine powder…
Now add the garlic and pulse it for a second because we need the tit- bits of garlic so, not to crush to so much.. Now, you ill get the flavour of Rasam…
Add the crushed curry leaves in the pepper jeera mixture..
Extract the tamarind pulp by adding 2 cups of water, add tomato into it…
Add the Crushed mixture.. and mix everything well…
Take mustard seeds, urud dal, fenugreek seeds, dry red chilli.. these ingredients for seasoning
Heat up the pan , add oil, and add all the seasonings, once it mustard splutters..
Add the tamarind water..if you find the mixture is very sour you can a 1/2 cup of water
Add a pinch of turmeric powder..
Add salt to taste
Switch off the flame once it starts to foam. yes! its Done!! Generally Rasam should not be boiled so much because it subside the flavours!!
Sprinkle some coriander leaves and curry leaves!!
Now, the Pepper Rasam is ready!!!!
- Tamarind- 1 small lemon sized ball
- Peppercorns- 1 tbs
- Jeera- 1tsp
- Garlic- 2
- Tomato – 1
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbs
- Curry leaves- 1 string
- For tempering
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Fenugreek or methi seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Red dry chilli- 3 to 4
- Urud dal- 1 tsp
- Soak the tamarind for 5 mins and extract the tamarind pulp.
- Crush the tomato.
- Grind pepper+jeera into a fine powder, add garlic to it and just give a pulse..
- Mix the grinded mixture, tomato, turmeric powder, hing,salt in the tamarind water.
- Heat up oil in the small kadai, add all the “tempering ” sauté just for a minute.
- Now add the tempering to the tamarind mixture
- Heat up the tamarind mixture until it foams.
- Sprinkle some coriander leaves and curry leaves.