Peach Crisp recipe -For the love of peaches and for the delight in desserts, here’s something that you would crave to create every summer. Fresh peaches with a crispy bubbly topping are what, Peach Crisp is all about.
Dig in for those honey-sweetened peaches through the golden-brown crunchy oats layers, to be satiated with a juicy, yummy, and luscious one of a kind crisp.
What is Peach Crisp?
A Peach Crisp consists of fresh peaches baked in mouth-watering syrup and topped with a crumb.
The topping is butter, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and oats or bread crumbs or cookie or graham cracker crumbs; giving you plenty of room to play around. You can customize your topping to give that crumbly texture you like.
The richness in the sweetness lies in the peaches; so add more or reduce the sweet ingredients accordingly.
Reason to love this Peach Crisp recipe:
Apart from a scrumptious salad, a fresh fruit dessert is another best thing about summer.
Peach Crisp recipe is no exception. It is simple to make and is absolutely delicious with all the ingredients right off your shelves.
You can prepare everything in no time to be baked and served for your unexpected guests too, while you’ll need a lot of willpower to not finish it before it’s served at the table.
How to make Peach crisp from scratch:
To make fillings:
Peach Crisp Toppings
Expert Tips to make the best peach crisp recipe:
To easily peel peaches, leave the peaches in boiling water for about 30 seconds and then transfer them to ice water; thereby it avoids the flesh from being cooked and the skin peels off easily by hand
Refrigerate the topping while you make the peach filling since the butter needs to be cold
If using canned peaches, make sure to drain the juice or syrup before using; if the canned peaches are preserved in syrup, reduce the sweetness in the other ingredients
Rolled oats will give you the perfect crispy streusel texture
If your peaches are ripe, refrigerate them; leaving them out will lessen their Vitamin C.
1. If you wish to add spices, just make sure that the delicious flavor of the peaches reigns supreme.
Adding nuts of your choice for that extra crunch is optional.
2. If you’re using a smaller baking pan, please ensure to adjust the quantity, or else, the peach syrup will gush over the sides.
Instead of honey, maple syrup or agave syrup can be used.
1. The key ingredient, Peach is the key to improving your metabolism and has low-calorie content; thereby helps in weight loss. It also aids a healthy vision and boosts your immune system,
2. Oats, rich in carbs, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, have antioxidants that help reduce blood pressure and its richness in soluble fiber beta-glucan helps reduce blood cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
3. For a healthier Peach crisp, you can use almond flour and replace brown sugar with coconut sugar.
1. How is Peach Crisp best served?
Peach crisp is usually served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt or a drizzle of caramel
2. Should peaches be peeled for this recipe?
I leave that to you, because when the skin gets tough it may not be pleasing to taste
3. Can be canned or frozen peaches are used?
Yes, canned or frozen peaches (after they are thawed), can be used.
4. What other fruits would go well for this recipe?
Apples, Pears, Blueberries, Strawberries, Blackberries, Cherries, Raspberries, Nectarines or Plums or a mix of these fruits
5. Can Peach Crisp recipe be frozen?
Yes, it can be frozen in an air-tight freezer-safe container for up to 3 months; refrigerating can be done for up to 3 days
6. How different is Peach Crisp from a Peach Cobbler?
While Peach Crisps are topped with a crispy streusel-like mixture, Cobblers consist of a sweetened biscuit-like or cake-like topping.
Other Recipes You may like to try:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
For the love of peaches and for the delight in desserts, here’s something that you would crave to create every summer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 5 peaches
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 .5 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
To make fillings:
- Ingredients for peach filling are taken.
- Peel and slice the fresh peaches as you required and take them in the bowl.
- Add all the Peach filling ingredients.
- Toss the sliced peaches to coat and set aside.
To make toppings:
- These all the ingredients to make oats toppings.
- Add all the ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
- Crumble the oats mixture using fingertips
- Transfer the peach filling to a baking dish
- Sprinkle the crumb topping. Pop into the oven and bake in the 350 degrees F/ 175 degrees c for 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle some toasted sliced almonds and serve.
- To easily peel peaches, leave the peaches in boiling water for about 30 seconds and then transfer them to ice water; thereby it avoids the flesh from being cooked and the skin peels off easily by hand
- Refrigerate the topping while you make the peach filling since the butter needs to be cold
- If using canned peaches, make sure to drain the juice or syrup before using; if the canned peaches are preserved in syrup, reduce the sweetness in the other ingredients
- Rolled oats will give you the perfect crispy streusel texture
- If your peaches are ripe, refrigerate them; leaving them out will lessen their Vitamin C
Keywords: peach crisp, peach crisp recipe, peach recipe