This Pav bhaji Recipe is wonderfully delicious with healthy loads of vegetables, just from your favorite Eatery! It is super Easy to make, perfect for the gathering, busy weekdays or whenever you are craving for the “best street style Pav Bhaji”
To pressure cook:
- 2 potato
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 capsicum
- 1/2 capsicum
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 tsp Pav bhaji masala
- 1 tbs Chilli powder ((kashmiri chilli powder))
- 1 tsp salt
To make Pav Bhaji
- 1 tbs Butter
- 1 tbs Pav bhaji masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder ((kashmiri chili powder))
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs ginger garlic paste
- 2 to mato
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbs coriander leaves
- 10 dinner rolls
To pressure cook the vegetables:
- To a pressure cooker, add peeled potato and cauliflower florets, peeled beetroot and capsicum, peas
- Add pav bhaji masala and Red chilli powder, salt
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- The veggies are well cooked
- Using a hand masher, mash all your veggies to smooth consistency.
- Once the veggies are completely mashed, keep it aside.
To make Pav Buns:
- Heat up butter in wide saute pan.Add pav bhaji masala and chilli powder and saute for few seconds.
- Add finely chopped onions saute for 5 mins, until the onions are lightly browned.
- Add ginger garlic paste, saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, salt and keep sauting until the tomatoes are nice and soft
- Now, mash the onion and tomato masala using masher
- Add cooked veggies, keep saluting for few mins.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cook for few more minutes until the bhaji are well combined.
- Once the bhaji is ready, turn off the heat. Squeeze some lemon juice.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Tips to make Best Pav Bajji Recipe:
1.Butter: The whole flavors revolve around butter, cooking the baji in butter gives you the most aromatic flavor.
2.Vegetables: Vegetables like capsicum, green peas, cauliflower, beetroot can be added. The predominant vegetable is the potato. If you do not have any vegetables, you can use the only potato to make pav bhaji.
3.Prep the mashed veggies:
You can prep the mashed veggies on the previous day and refrigerator to use on the next day. This actually saves your time when you have a large gathering.
4.Pav bhaji Masala: I used Everest Pav bhaji masala for this recipe, using a good quality pav bhaji masala to attain the real taste.
5.Mash it up: You need to mash up the veggies very well to get the right consistency. You can make the bhaji slightly thicker or thinner just by adding water.
6.Use homemade ginger garlic paste for more flavors.
7. Feel to free to add chili powder and pav bhaji masala according to your taste bud.
- Category: Appetizer, Breakfast/dinner, dinner, Snack
- Cuisine: Indian