Panzanella – Crusty bread with delicious panzanella salad is way better than your favorite restaurant! Each bite is drizzled with panzanella dressing, hearty with bold flavors.
What is Classic Panzanella salad?
The word Panzanella comes from two words “pane” (bread)and “zanella” (soup bowl). The greens of the basil, white of the bread, and the red tomatoes gloriously express the colors of Italy.
This Panzanella salad is the perfect side to practically everything you serve!
It is Filling, fresh, healthy, and drizzled with the delicious homemade & quick Panzanella dressing which is truly intoxicating with the bursting of flavors.
This is far more delicious than the restaurant.
This Panzanella salad recipe is hearty, savory, flavorful and the crusty bread with the aroma of garlic perfectly complements the deeply satisfying Dressing.
This is the kind of salad that you want much all day long, this serves beautifully well for your quick breakfast, brunch, sides, or your lazy dinner.
This is the perfect best summer salad that you can make in no time, but don’t limit yourself for summer because our craving for it knows no season.
Reason to love this tuscan bread salad:
- So easy! – just whisk together for dressing while the bread is being grilled. That’s it. Panzanella is ready to be served.
- It makes the lovely texture of crusty bread, soft tomatoes, and the sauce swaddles all over the salad make it irresistibly delicious.
- Versatile – you can add in your favorites such as avocado, black beans, jalapeno’s, boiled corn.
- Everyone loves this Panzanella salad. It is the favorite dish for potluck, picnic, barbecues party and goes with everything.
Ingredients & The Notes:
- Bread – Crusty bread works well for this recipe. I have used sour bread, you could use ciabatta, French bread, or whole-grain bread.
- Tomato– Use cherry tomatoes, they are tiny and sweet. Roma tomatoes are red and flavorful and good for salad or heirloom tomatoes.
- Cucumber – You can use standard cucumber or Persian cucumber.
- Vinegar – I have used white vinegar. You could use apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar for different flavors.
- Lemon juice – Use fresh ones for best results.
- Garlic – Garlic gives you a depth of flavors to the dressing.
- Olive oil – Prefer Using Extra virgin Olive oil.
- Mustard sauce– You can use American mustard sauce or Dijon mustard sauce
- Seasonings: Dried oregano, salt, and pepper has been added for seasonings. You could use dried basil, paprika, dried parsley, onion powder, dried chives.
Step By Step instructions:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, chili flakes, garlic, and salt.( Photo 1)
- Tear the bread into bite-sized pieces and top with the olive oil mixture. (Photo 2)
- Toss to coat and bake for 6 to 7 minutes at 400 degrees F/ 220 degrees C. (Photos 3 & 4)
- Place the diced tomato on the colander, bowl underneath, and season with salt. The salt aids in the release of more juices from the tomato. Set aside until the bread has finished grilling. (Photo 5)
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl: vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, pepper powder, and mustard sauce. (Photo 6)
- To combine, whisk everything together thoroughly. (Photo 7)
- Take the bowl with the tomato juice leftover. (Photo 8)
- Add the dressing, mix well to combine. (Photo 9)
- The tomato, cucumber, and grilled bread are added. (Photo 11)
- Toss them with the sauce, top with fresh basil and thyme. (Photo 12)
- The Panzanella salad is ready to be served.
- Get the fresh ingredients for the best results! Fresh tomato, basil makes a great difference in the salad.
- Prefer to season the bread before toasting that gives you the best flavor to the salad.
- For variation, you can swap tomatoes for peaches.
- You can use grated parmesan cheese or feta cheese for the rustic flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do you serve Panzanella salad?
Panzanella salad serves best with grilled meat, grill chicken, fish, or shrimp. It serves well with soup, sandwiches, or roasted chicken.
- What bread is best for Tuscan bread salad?
Bread like ciabatta, sour bread, baguette works perfectly well for this salad recipe. You just want to make sure the bread is a little stale or 1 or 2 days old. This way you will get the perfect crispy Tuscan bread salad.
- How long does Panzanella keep?
It is best to be served fresh or it can last up to an hour. If you leave for a longer time to sit, the bread cubes would become soggy.
- Can I prep the salad?
This salad doesn’t keep well for a longer time. But,
You can make the dressing, store it in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days.
Similarly, you can dice tomato, cucumber, onion (if adding) and store them separately in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
Toast the bread and store in an airtight container /bag.
Before you make it, just assemble everything and drizzle the sauce and serve fresh.
- Can I toast the bread on the stovetop?
Of course! Just add the seasoned Bread pieces to the pan and keep toasting for 3 to 4 minutes until the bread is crisp.
Other Recipes You may like to try:
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways you can support your favorite food bloggers? If you made this recipe, please click the stars below to comment and Rate this Recipe and/or share photos on social media using the hashtag #Nithisclickncook or tagging @nithisclickncookPrint