This Soft and crunchy marinated paneer with the exotic flavours of onion tomato and capsicum roasted on skewers served with lovely sauce is how delicious Paneer shashlik is!
This grilled paneer recipe loaded with vegetables and flavours can be served as a snack or as the main course too.
Paneer and vegetables, when mixed with curd and spices, marinate well to give you an amazing flavour and taste.
This super healthy dish can be served with a pasta salad or pulav and raita to give you a wholesome meal or just the paneer recipe to munch on.
My family loved the way the flavour of marinated paneer and grilled veggies tasted. While the outside of the marinated grilled paneer is crunchy, the inside is soft and chewy with its signature taste and flavour.
The grilled veggies have an added smoky flavour that gives this tikka an exotic and serving with the quick tomato cream sauce gives you the unmatched taste.
This Sauce recipe is quite easy to make and it is just the icing on the cake!
What You'll Find in This Post (Show all)
Why this recipe works:
Marinade, paneer and cubed veggies are the only ingredients that you need to prepare the famous paneer shashlik
Prepare the marinade, marinate, grill. Easy and simple steps to get your snack ready in just a few minutes.
Party snack, evening snack, sides for a wholesome meal, paneer shashlik is everything that you want it to be.
Delectable flavours and varying textures make this an absolute delicacy for your tingling taste buds and healthy too!
How to make paneer Shaslik:
TO MAKE SAUCE:
Tips to make the best paneer shashlik:
1. Allow the paneer and veggie cubes to marinate for about 30-40 minutes for more flavours. This ensures that the flavours of the marinade have been infused well in the paneer and veggies.
2. Use thick curd/hung curd for the marinade. Using curd that is not thick will dilute the marinade with excessive water and the marinade will become soggy and runny.
3. You can enhance the flavour of the paneer by using homemade paneer and is a healthier option compared to using the store-bought paneer.
4. Grill on a low flame and do not cover the grill as it will get burnt and ruin the flavour. Grill enough for the smoky flavour to get infused in it.
1. How to store?
Though it is not advisable to store the grilled paneer shashlik, you can refrigerate the marinade, paneer and vegetables separately for up to 2 days.
Paneer shashlik is best served hot right after it is grilled.
2. How to serve paneer shashlik?
Paneer tikka is best served hot with a dash of lime and very finely chopped coriander sprinkled.
You can also serve it with any sauce of your choice or with rice or pasta as the main course. It can also be eaten as a snack all by itself.
3. How to serve paneer shashlik if I don’t have skewers?
Usually, Paneer shashlik is served on skewers or you can make paneer shashlik and serve it on toothpicks.
It is cute and bite-sized too.
4. What do I do if my marinade is runny?
Add in enough roasted besan powder to the marinade so that it thickens and binds well with the paneer and veggies and does not separate on the grill during the grilling process.