Paneer Paratha is a popular Indian flatbread relished across all age groups. This is made with whole wheat flour and cottage cheese. Served hot with spicy pickle and curds on the side, it tastes super yummy!
To make Paneer Stuffings:
- 1 and 1/2 cup Cottage cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To make Dough:
- 2 1/2 cups of wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Water (As required)
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
To make the dough:
- To a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, salt, oil, sprinkle little water to make a soft roll.
To make Stuffings:
- Add grated paneer, chili powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, chopped ginger, salt, coriander leaves in a mixing bowl.
- Combine to make a smooth dough.
- Roll them to make a small lemon sized ball and set aside.
To make paratha:
- Take a lemon sized dough.
- Make a small space for stuffing the paneer balls.
- Bring all the edges together to seal and pinch out the leftover dough on top.
- Place on the working space, dust some flour. Roll them using a rolling pin.
- Make them into disc shape or triangular shape. dust some flour if you need it.
- Heat Tawa/pan to a medium flame, Transfer the rolled paratha to the Tawa. Let it be for 5 seconds.
- Then, Flip again. Spread 1/4 teaspoon of ghee/butter cook for 1 minute
- Flip again, spread another 1/4 teaspoon of ghee. Cook for another 1 minute or until you see a light brown spots.
- Soft, Delicate paneer paratha is ready to be served.
Tips to Make the Best Recipe
Although the dough can be used soon after making, just to enhance the flavors of paneer, you can refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
The dough should be of a regular roti consistency or pasta dough.You can grate the paneer and mix it along with the dough or you can grate it and use it as a filler inside the plain roti dough.
Green chutney or curds or pickles as a select side combination for this dish enhances the whole experience.
- Category: Breakfast/lunch
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: indian
Keywords: paneer paratha, paratha recipe, paneer paratha recipe