Paneer kheer is simple and easy dessert that you can make in no-time. The bites of the tiny bits of crumbled paneer taste so heavenly completely drenched with sweetened milk.
- 1 cup Paneer
- 4 cups Milk
- 4 tbs condensed milk
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tbs chopped nuts
- 1 tbs ghee
- Crumble the paneer..
- Bring the milk to boil, for me it takes 10 mins.
- Add condensed milk and Elachi powder, let it boil for 3-5 mins..
- Add crumbled paneer an mix them well.. let it boil for 3 to 5 mins..
- Fry the chopped nuts in hot ghee and Add in to kheer
- Now, PANEER KHEER IS READY!!
How do you make homemade paneer?
- Bring milk to boil in a heavy bottom pot.When the milk comes to boil, pour 1 tbs of lemon juice or 1 tbs of curd or 1 tsp of vinegar. Immediately you can see the entire milk begins to curdle
- Once, it starts to curdle, turn off the heat. Pour it in a thin cheesecloth lined over the colander and rinse in running water to remove the smell of the lemon juice.
- Make a tight knot to a cheesecloth and squeeze more liquids. Place the muslin cloth on the plate with weight/heavy object on top. Let it sit for an hour.
- Remove the muslin cloth, you get the thick creamy panner is ready!.
From 1 litre of full-fat milk ideally, you should get 100gms of paneer.
How to soften frozen paneer?
If the paneer has not softened after bringing to a room temperature, you can immerse the paneer in warm water for 5 minutes. The water should be enough to cover all the paneer cubes.
Can I make vegan kheer?
Yes, substitute cottage cheese to Tofu, you can add coconut milk instead of regular milk and for the condensed milk add 3/4th cup of sugar.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian