Paneer Do Pyaza is classic Dhaba style Cottage cheese Gravy, so creamy, perfectly spiced and you are going to be amazed by the true flavors of this recipe.
To make Tomato Sauce:
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 cup Cashews ( soaked in 1/2 cup of warm water for 10 minutes)
- 2 teaspoon chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
To make Paneer Do Pyaza:
- 100 grams cottage cheese ( paneer)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion ( make onion petal)
- 3 green chili ( sliced)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cardamom
- 1 onion ( puree)
- 1 teaspoon gingergarlic paste
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Driedfenugreek leaves ( Kasturi Methi)
To make Tomato sauce:
- To a blender, add soaked cashews along with water, tomato, chili powder, garam masala, and turmeric powder, pulse them in a blender couple of times to make a puree. Keep aside the tomato sauce until we ready to use it.
To make Paneer Do Pyaza:
- To a saute pan, add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, fry the onion petals and green chilies. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Collect them in a bowl and set them aside.
- To the same saute pan, add remaining vegetable oil and butter. Once the oil heats up, add cumin seeds and cardamom. Stir fry for few seconds.
- Add onion puree and salt, Stir fry the onion puree for 6 to 7 minutes till they turn to a light brown color. Add ginger garlic paste and stir fry the ginger garlic paste until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the tomato sauce, Stir fry the tomato sauce for 4 to 5 minutes, the sauce would thicken and you can see a thin glaze of oil appears on the side. Now, add cubed cottage cheese/ paneer. Stir fry for few seconds.
- Add 1 cup of warm water, thin out the sauce. Add in fried onion petals and green chilies. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add fresh cream, sprinkle dried fenugreek leaves and turn off the heat.
Cut Paneer as the desired shape.
Prefer using Homemade ginger garlic paste for the Best flavors.
You can use other vegetables like potato, cauliflower, broccoli.
Make sure to Stir the onion puree to a nice golden color that gives you a rich taste for this curry.
The consistency of the gravy is your preference, you can thin out the sauce by adding warm water or cook further to thicken up.
Milk can also be used instead of water for richer gravy.
- Category: Sides/Appetizer
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: paneer do pyaza, paneer do pyaza recipe, paneer recipe