Paneer Bhurji is one easy and quick side dish with cottage cheese, peas, potato all cooked in one pan, comforting, healthy with exploding flavours and on your table Under 15 minutes!
- 1 cup cottage cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup peas (cooked)
- 1/2 cup potato (peel and dice into small pieces)
- 1 onion ( chopped)
- 2 tomato ( chopped )
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic ( finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder ( I used Kashmiri red chilli powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 /2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat ghee in a saucepan, add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, chopped garlic and ginger. Stir for a 1 minute till the aromas of garlic and ginger-infused in ghee.
- Now, add chopped onion and salt
- fry the onion well, Stir chopped green chilli
- Add diced potato, stir 3 to 4 minutes, till the potatoes are cooked.
- Then add chopped tomato, quick stir for a minute.
- Add in the spice powders chilli powder and turmeric powder and salt. Stir till the raw smell of the spices disappears.
- Now, in goes crumbled paneer and peas. Cook for just a few minutes until everything is combined.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and turn off the heat.
Tips to make the best paneer bhurji:
- If you intend to make the paneer instead of using store-bought paneer, use whole milk to curdle. It will give you good quality paneer that is soft, rich and juicy.
- Use a mixture of oil and butter to cook the paneer bhurji. Butter enhances the taste of the paneer Bhurji and the oil prevents the butter from burning.
- You can use pav bhaji masala to give it a bhaji flavour. This enhances the spicy flavour of the bhurji and makes a good stuffing.
- Category: Breakfast, snack, sidedish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: indian
Keywords: paneer Bhurji, Paneer Bhurji Recipe, Paneer recipe