This spinach soup recipe is super healthy, easy to make, and delicious, and it only takes 15 minutes to make, making it the best way to start your day!
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic pods ( finely chopped)
- 1 onion ( chopped)
- 1 tomato ( chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon cornflour ( mix with 1/4 cup water, optional)
- Melt butter in a saucepan, once melted, add garlic and bay leaf. Stir fry the garlic for few seconds.
- Add onions and stir fry the onions till they turn translucent
- Add tomato and cook the tomatoes for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In goes the seasoning cumin powder, pepper powder and salt and Add washed spinach leaves.
- Turn off the heat, the spinach leaves will wilt in few seconds. Take the bay leaf out.
- Once the spinach mixture has come down to room temperature, Add-in into the blender and pulse into a fine puree.
- Back to the saucepan, add 2 to 3 cups of water, sprinkle pepper powder. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. At this stage, If you would like to thicken the soup, add cornflour slurry and keep stirring the soup for 2 to 3 minutes.
Wash the spinach thoroughly to remove impurities. If the leaves of the spinach are larger, roughly chop them.
Vegetables like carrots, beetroot, or broccoli pairs extremely well with spinach that can be added to make the soup even healthier. Make sure to Dice them finely so that the veggies can cook faster.
If you would prefer to thicken the soup, add cornflour slurry or gram flour.
This soup best be consumed as fresh off from the heat because it retains the nutrition.
Do not cook the spinach for a longer time. The heat from the pot is enough to wilt the leaves.
Add pepper powder as per your taste preference.
- Category: Soup
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: palak soup, spinach soup, palak soup recipe