Palak Soup– This Spinach soup recipe is super healthy, easy to make, and delicious, and it only takes 15 minutes to make, making it the best way to start your day!
What is Palak Soup?
Palak Soup (Spinach soup) is nutritious, rich, packed with flavors and you won’t believe how deeply satisfying.
It is one of the best ways to include greens in your diet.
This spinach soup is quick and easy to make and it takes less than 5 minutes to prep.
It is comforting with bursting layers of flavors with minimal effort that you will crave.
This Soup Recipe is,
- Flavorful, the ingredients are simple and pantry friendly but it intensifies the flavors of the soup. The veggies are cooked with the seasonings actually drink up the flavor and are pureed together to make a bowl of Yum!
- This healthy spinach soup can be on your table in less than 15 minutes and it is going to be your best breakfast, even the pickiest eater will ask for more.
- The soup tastes delicious in its simplicity but you can also make it healthy just by adding more veggies to make a wholesome and healthy soup.
Ingredients & The Notes:
- Spinach: Any type of spinach leaves can be used. To remove impurities, thoroughly wash them under running water.
- Cumin seeds: I used cumin and pepper powder as spices. You can also use whole spices.
- Butter: Butter adds more flavor to soups! You can, however, substitute healthy oils like grapeseed oil, Avacado oil.
- Garlic: I used four garlic pods. Fry the garlic in butter to bring out the flavor of the soup.
- Onion and tomato: This serves as the foundation for the dish; you may also add vegetables.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Melt butter in a saucepan, once melted, add garlic and bay leaf. Stir fry the garlic for few seconds. ( Step 1)
- Add onions and stir fry the onions till they turn translucent. (Step 2)
- Add tomato and cook the tomatoes for 2 to 3 minutes. ( Step 3 & 4)
- In goes the seasoning cumin powder, pepper powder and salt. Add washed spinach leaves. ( Step 5 & 6)
- Turn off the heat, the spinach leaves will wilt in few seconds. Take the bay leaf out. (Step 7 & 8)
- Once the spinach mixture has come down to room temperature, Add-in into the blender and pulse into a fine puree. ( Step 9 & 10)
- Back to the saucepan, add 1.5 cups of water, sprinkle pepper powder. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. At this stage, if you want to thicken the soup add cornflour slurry to thicken and keep stirring for 2 minutes the soup would thickly quickly. ( Step 11 & 12)
- Sprinkle a dash of cream and serve.
- To remove impurities, thoroughly wash the spinach. If the spinach leaves are large, roughly chop them.
- Vegetables such as carrots, beets, or broccoli pair well with spinach, which can be added to make the soup even healthier. Make sure to finely dice them so the vegetables cook faster.
- If you want to thicken the soup, use a cornflour slurry or gram flour.
- Because the nutrition in this soup is best when consumed immediately after it has been removed from the heat.
- Cooking the spinach for an extended period of time is not recommended. The heat from the pot is enough to cause the leaves to wilt.
- Adjust the amount of pepper powder to your taste.
- Spinach soup with milk: At the end, add 1 cup of warm milk and stir for a few minutes. This adds a mild creamy flavour to the soup.
- Vegan spinach soup: Replace the butter with vegan butter and the cream with coconut cream, cashew cream, or any other vegan cream of your choice, all of which have distinct qualities and flavours.
- Spinach soup without cream: I used a very small amount of cream. This soup can also be made without cream.
- How do you serve?
This spinach soup is best served with some crusty bread.
- How long can I store it?
This soup is wonderfully delicious and nutritious when served fresh! However, if you intend to store, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for a day.
- What are the benefits of palak soup?
Spinach is one of the healthiest vegetables on earth, It is considered to be a superfood. It is loaded with nutrients, rich in iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, minerals, it aids in weight loss.
- Can I give this palak soup to babies?
Yes! You can give this soup to babies.
- Can I use frozen spinach leaves?
This recipe calls for fresh spinach leaves but you can certainly use frozen spinach leaves as well. You need not thaw before adding it to the pan.
Add the frozen spinach and stir till the leaves have wilted. It may take around 3 to 4 minutes.
Other Recipes you may like to try:
For All Soup Recipes
★ DID YOU TRY THIS SPINACH SOUP RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print