To make spinach kofta:
- Bring the cottage cheese to room temperature, grate them finely using a grater and mash it crumble. Now add 3/4th cup finely chopped spinach leaves, 1 green chili,1/2 teaspoon garam masala. 1 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 cup walnuts, 1 tablespoon cornflour, and 1/2 or 1 teaspoon salt.
- Mix everything to combine well, Knead the cottage cheese for 5 to 7 mins to make a soft dough-like texture.
- Shape them into a round ball, you can apply butter in your palms to make round balls without crack.
- To a shallow fry pan, add 3 tablespoon butter, once the butter has melted, gently place the kofta balls and shallow fry them till they are golden brown, or either you can deep fry them till they are a golden color. ( Please check out the below FAQS section if you’re looking for Airfryer or oven method)
To make Gravy:
To prep: Make onion paste, tomato paste, ginger garlic paste, and cashew paste.
To make cashew paste, soak 10 cashews in 1/4 cup of hot water for 5 minutes and puree them to a fine paste.
- To the same pan, add 1 tablespoon butter, add cumin seeds stir for few seconds, add onion paste, salt, and cook the onions till the color changes to a light brown color.
- Add ginger garlic paste, Stir fry till the raw smell of the ginger-garlic paste leaves off.
- Add tomato puree and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add cashew paste, stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add chili powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala. Stir till the raw smell of the masala leaves off. Add 1 cup of water, stir and cook for 5 minutes. Finally, sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon sugar. Turn off the heat.
- Place the kofta over the gravy and serve.