Creamy Mushroom sauce is the most delicious glorious mushroom sauce pasta that is quick and easy to make and on your table in under 20 minutes!
what is creamy Mushroom sauce:
This mushroom sauce pasta is laden with butter, garlic, fresh cream, parmesan cheese, and delicious seasonings, making it ridiculously rich and delicious.
I adore mushrooms and could eat them every day if I could! I like the meaty texture of the mushroom, which absorbs a variety of flavors.
The key to this mushroom sauce is that the mushrooms are caramelized with garlic, butter, and onion, which preserves the flavors.
This hearty creamy mushroom sauce pasta will quickly become a favorite! All of the ingredients complement each other so well, and it’s incredibly simple and satisfying
Reason to love this Mushroom sauce Pasta:
- It works fantastically well for quick dinners! Almost every occasion is catered to.
- It’s a versatile dish; you can add proteins, Italian sausages, and vegetables like bell pepper, zucchini, and peas, or whatever you have in your pantry.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the mushroom sauce on the other side. Everything comes together in less than 20 minutes! A comforting creamy mushroom pasta recipe that will stay you craving more.
Ingredients & Notes:
- Mushroom: You can use any kinds of mushroom that are easily accessible in your region. Mushrooms such as button/white mushroom, shiitake mushroom, portobello mushroom, cremini mushroom (baby Bella mushroom), oyster mushroom, enoki mushroom, and porcini can be used. If the mushrooms are washed, they will absorb water and become soggy. Instead, use a damp paper towel to clean your mushroom.
- Garlic: I adore garlic and consider it to be a divine ingredient. The minced garlic is infused in butter here, providing the Pasta sauce a much-enhanced flavor. You can use garlic powder if you prefer, but the real thing is far superior.
- Seasonings: I used chili flakes, pepper powder, dried parsley, and dried oregano as seasonings. Here’s how it does work: season your mushroom sauce with your best-loved seasonings or fresh herbs.
- Olive oil: Use extra virgin olive oil to add depth of flavor to the sauce.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter so that you could control the saltiness of your sauce.
- Onion: This provides a sauce base as well as a mild-intense flavor.
- Fresh cream/half and a half: Fresh cream is what would provide your sauce its luxurious creaminess. Fresh cream can be found in any grocery store.
- Stock cubes: You can substitute chicken stock for the veg stock cubes, which I simply crumbled and added to the sauce. The chicken stock cubes contain salt. Before adding salt, do a taste test.
- Parsley: Finely chop the parsley to add freshness to the sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese: Instead of pre-shredded cheese, use freshly grated parmesan cheese. The parmesan cheese has a fantastic salty and nutty flavor. Keep this in mind before adding salt
Step by step Instructions:
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the olive oil, then add the minced garlic. 3 to 4 minutes over low heat, stir fry the garlic. ( Photo 1 & 2)
- Stir in the onion and cook for a minute before adding the mushroom.( Image 3 & 4)
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes with the mushroom. The moisture from the mushroom allows it to cook. (Photo 5)
- Chili flakes, pepper powder, dried oregano, and dried parsley are added to the spices. Cook the spices in a pan with the mushrooms. (photo 6)
- Add water, crumble the stock cubes, or mix thoroughly. You can also use vegetable or chicken stock broth. Bring the mixture to a boil to help the flavor infuse.( photo 7 & 8)
- When the sauce has thickened slightly, add fresh cream and chopped parsley and continue stirring for 2 minutes. (Photo 9)
- Finally, stir in the parmesan cheese until it has melted into the sauce. (Photo 10)
- Cooked pasta can be added to the sauce and served!
- Season your pasta water with salt and drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil and cook the pasta till they are al-dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta liquid.
- If you are not cooking the pasta right away, toss with little olive oil to prevent it from sticking.
- Use both butter and olive oil for a lovely aroma.
- Mince the garlic finely and slow cook them so that the flavors are thoroughly infused.
- Make sure to add salt only at the end, just before you add pasta, as the veg stock cubes and parmesan cheese already have the salt in them.
- Which pasta works best with the creamy sauce?
I made with spaghetti.
Almost any shape of pasta can be used. Spaghetti, fettuccini, pappardelle, linguine, fettuccini, penne, cavatappi, campanelle, farfalle, fusilli .These pasta shapes are ideal for carrying the rich sauce to every nook and cranny of the pasta.
- How should mushroom sauce be served?
Though you can serve the mushroom sauce with pasta, there are other options. The sauce goes well with crusty bread, garlic Bread,dinner rolls, grilled chicken, and grilled steak.
- How long can I store it?
Mushroom pasta can be refrigerated for 3 days if stored in an airtight container.
- Is it okay if I freeze?
When served fresh, the mushroom sauce pasta tastes even better. I do not advise freezing them.
- How Should Creamy Sauces Be Reheated?
The pasta with mushroom sauce reheats beautifully.
Microwave: Place the pasta in a microwave-safe bowl and warm it for 1 minute at 20-second intervals.
Stove Top: Transfer the leftover pasta to a saucepan and add a splash of warm water or milk. Cover and keep on a low heat for 6 to 7 minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
- What is the best way to thicken the sauce?
If you want to thicken the sauce, add a cornflour slurry or mascarpone cheese to achieve the desired consistency.
Other recipes you may like to try:
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways you can support your favorite food bloggers? If you made this recipe, please click the stars below to comment and Rate this Recipe and/or share photos on social media using the hashtag #Nithisclickncook or tagging @nithisclickncookPrint