This mor kuzhambu /more kulambu is traditional South Indian curd based gravy made from sour curd/yoghurt. It’s SUPER EASY to make and on your table under 15mins!
- 1 CUP Curd/yogurt
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Toor dal
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 chilli
- 4 pieces coconut
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 3 dry red chilli Dry red chilli
- Mix 2 cups of water to the yogurt,make it butter milk and beat them until frothy
- Grind all the ingredients given under for “GRINDING” and make them into fine paste.
- Add them into butter milk, add turmeric mix them well.
- Now for seasoning, heat up the oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves,dry red chillies,tomato saute them for a minute.
- Add in to the prepared butter milk, salt.
- Now, cook the buttermilk for 3 to 5 mins.
- Thats it, MOR KUZHAMBU OR YOGURT CURRY is ready!
Tips to make mor kuzhambu recipe:
Oil- I used peanut oil for this recipe. You could also use coconut oil or gingelly oil.
Curd/Yoghurt: whisk your curd by adding 2 cups of water to get smooth buttermilk.
For this recipe, we need slightly sour curd to achieve a traditional taste. The flavour and taste of this mor kulambu recipe totally depend on the sourness of the curd.
Tomato: Here tomato is added to get tanginess to the gravy. You could also skip tomato if your curd is very sour.
Vegetables: You could also use vegetables like ladies finger, white pumpkin, cucumber, brinjal, mango.
If you are using white pumpkin, firstly cook the vegetable pieces with salt and turmeric powder. Drain off the excess water, then add to a mor kuzhambu.
If you are using ladies finger fry, fry the ladies finger pieces in oil and then add to a buttermilk gravy.
Similarly, you can boil the potatoes before you add to the buttermilk gravy.
- Category: gravy, gravy veg, Lunch/ breakfast, Main
- Cuisine: Indian, south Indian