This Lemon coriander soup is simple, light with minimalist ingredients yet the most delicious flavor. Quick to make, Adding veggies makes it a complete meal
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 2 tbs spring onions
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs garlic (minced)
- 1 tbs ginger (minced)
- 1 green chili
- 3/4 cup carrot
- 3/4 cup onion
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 3 cups of water ((vegetable stock))
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 1/2 cup water (for cornflour slurry)
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat 1 tbs butter in a saucepan. Add 1tbs minced garlic, 1tbs minced ginger, and 1 slit green chili. ( I like spiciness, you can also omit green chili). Stir fry for 1 or 2mins
- Add chopped 3/4th cup chopped onions and 3/4th cup carrot. Add salt, Stir fry the onion and carrot for 3 mins over medium heat.
- Add 2 tbs spring onions and chopped coriander leaves reserving 2 tbs of coriander to add later.
- Add 3 cups of water. Cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Quickly mix 2 tbs of cornflour to a 1/2 cup of water. Add to the soup then bring the soup to boil. The soup thickens and you can see a glossiness of the soup.
- Sprinkle pepper powder. Add remaining coriander leaves.
- Turn off the heat, Squeeze 2 tbs of lemon juice. Stir and cover for 5 mins.
Tips to make best lemon coriander soup:
Veggies: I have added carrot to this recipe. You could use other vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage.
You can add in two ways:
Boil: Wash, dice the veggies and boil in 2 cups of water. Use veggies to the soup and the left-over stock for the soup broth.
Saute: Finely chop the veggies and cook them in butter over low-medium heat.
Vegetable stock: You can use homemade vegetable stock for more flavors. Or use vegetable broth cubes that are widely available in the market.
Vegetable broth cubes: Add the vegetable cube to warm water. Let it rest for 10 mins. The vegetable stocks are ready to be used.
Corn flour slurry: Here we use cornflour slurry to thicken the sauce. If the sauce has thickened more than the consistency you want, mix in warm water little at a time to thin out the sauce.
If the sauce is too thin, quickly make cornflour slurry (1 tbs corn flour+1/4 cup water) and add it. Over a medium heat keeps stirring, eventually, the soup will thicken.
- Category: Appetiser, Soup
- Cuisine: Indian, south Indian