Lemon Asparagus pasta – Lemony, garlicky, buttery with exploding layers of flavor, quick and easy, and on your table in under 15 minutes.
- 200 grams Asparagus
- 150 grams Spaghetti ( 1/2 cup reserved pasta water)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 8 garlic pods ( sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Lemon zest
- Prep the Asparagus: Slice off the ends of the asparagus right where the stalk turns from white to green and slit them in half.
- Cook pasta: Cook the spaghetti in salted water until the pasta turns al-dent. Reserving some pasta water.
- Lets make Asparagus lemon pasta: To a saute pan, over medium heat, melt butter and olive oil.
- Add in sliced garlic, lower the heat, Stir fry the garlic for few seconds.
- Add in all the spices, stir for few seconds. ( lower the heat, otherwise, the spices may burn)
- In goes the Asparagus. Stir fry the asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the asparagus is cooked. Add in the spaghetti and the reserved pasta water.
- Toss the pasta gently to combine. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally, add lemon zest and lemon juice. Turn off the heat. Again gently Toss the pasta to combine. Check for salt.
- Lemon asparagus pasta is ready to be served.
Season your pasta water with salt and drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil and cook the pasta till they are al-dente.
It is always a good idea to reserve some pasta water, the starchy water helps you to get the desired consistency.
If you are not using the pasta right away, toss with the olive oil to prevent it from sticking.
Use both butter and olive oil for more flavors.
Keep the heat on very low, while adding the spices, otherwise it may turn brown quickly.
Do not overcook the asparagus, it has to be light and crunchy.
Use any veggies you love to add on, like mushroom, broccoli or zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes.
If your asparagus pasta is missing something it is probably salt. Salt enhances the flavor. Add additional salt to taste a little at a time if needed. Also, sprinkle some seasonings to complement all the tastes.
- Category: Maincourse
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta recipe, asparagus pasta, spaghetti pasta