Lemon Asparagus pasta – Lemony, garlicky, buttery pasta recipe with exploding layers of flavor, quick, easy, and on your table in under 15 minutes.
Other Pasta recipes you may like Alfredo pasta, white sauce pasta, pasta carbonara, Classic Red sauce pasta, Baked feta pasta, Italian pesto pasta, Brown Butter Brussel sprouts pasta, 15 minutes Tomato Basil Pasta, bang bang shrimp pasta, Tuscan shrimp pasta.
What is lemon Asparagus pasta?
This Lemon Asparagus Spaghetti Pasta is quick and easy, amazingly delicious dinner with less than 15 minutes!
It is the perfect blend of lemon and asparagus that combines to create an intoxicating, appetizing stress-free pasta recipe.
You are going to love this lemon Asparagus pasta a perfect comfort food you will crave for all those busy weeknights!
It is perfectly seasoned, crazily flavourful, buttery, easy, fresh, and vibrant in taste and it is going to be your new favorite.
The ingredients may look simple and it is extraordinarily delicious.
This crave-worthy pasta with lemony flavor and lemon zest going to take a new spin to this pasta recipe.
Reason to love this asparagus pasta:
- Quick and easy: All you need is just 15 minutes to make this delicious pasta. A simple recipe with the perfect seasonings brings you an exceptional taste.
- Versatile: This recipe can work with whatever you have on hand. Swap with your favorite veggies, proteins, any of your favorite seasonings. It works amazingly well.
- Delicious: They are DELICIOUS. Simple pantry-friendly ingredients truly elevate and boost the taste of the recipe.
Ingredients & The Notes:
Pasta – Use any shapes of pasta you prefer. If you don’t have spaghetti on hand, I recommend choosing long pasta like fettuccine, linguine, or bucatini.
Butter- I have used unsalted butter so that I can control the saltiness.
Olive oil- Use Extravirgin Olive oil to get the depth of flavors.
Garlic – I adore garlic and consider it to be a divine ingredient. I love the flavor. I have sliced the garlic alternatively you can mince them too. You can use garlic powder, but the real ingredient certainly boost up the flavors
Asparagus – Trim the pale end of the stalk of the asparagus and slit them in half.
Chilli flakes&Paprika – These spices give you a mild kick to the pasta. You can use pepper powder as well or any seasonings that you love.
Dried herbs – I have used dried basil, dried oregano, and dried rosemary. If your fresh herbs are on hand, please use them. Chop them finely and add-in.
Lemon Juice & lemon zest: This truly going to awaken the flavors of the pasta. Make sure you turn off the heat as soon as you add-in.
Let’s make lemon Asparagus Spaghetti Pasta:
- Slice off the ends of the asparagus right where the stalk turns from white to green and slit them in half. (photo 1)
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water until the pasta turns al-dent. Reserving some pasta water. (photo 2)
- To a saute pan, over medium heat, melt butter and olive oil. (Photo 3)
- Add in sliced garlic, lower the heat, Stir fry the garlic for few seconds. (Photo 4)
- Add in all the spices, stir for few seconds. ( lower the heat, otherwise, the spices may burn) (Photo 5)
- In goes the Asparagus. (Photo 6)
- Stir fry the asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes. (Photo 7)
- Once the asparagus is cooked. Add in the spaghetti pasta (Photo 8)
- Add in the pasta water (photo 9)
- Toss the pasta gently to combine. cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. (Photo 10)
- Finally, add lemon zest and lemon juice. Turn off the heat. Again gently Toss the pasta to combine. Check for salt. (photo 11)
- Lemon asparagus pasta is ready to be served. (photo 12)
- Season your pasta water with salt and drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil and cook the pasta till they are al-dente.
- It is always a good idea to reserve some pasta water, the starchy water helps you to get the desired consistency.
- If you are not using the pasta right away, toss with the olive oil to prevent it from sticking.
- Use both butter and olive oil for more distinctive flavors.
- Keep the heat on very low, while adding the spices, otherwise it may turn brown quickly.
- Do not overcook the asparagus, it has to be light and crunchy.
- Use any veggies you love to add on, like mushroom, broccoli or zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes.
- If your asparagus pasta is missing something it is probably salt. Salt enhances the flavor. Add additional salt to taste a little at a time if needed. Also, sprinkle some seasonings to complement all the tastes.
How do you serve the pasta?
How long can I store it?
Store the Pasta in an air-tight container and refrigerate, This way it stays well and is good for 3 days.
How to re-heat?
The Refrigerated or frozen pasta can be reheated this way. You can use any of these methods to reheat the pasta beautifully,
Microwave: Place the pasta in a microwave-safe bowl and warm it for 1 minute at 20 seconds intervals.
Stovetop: Transfer the pasta to a saucepan, add a splash of warm water. Cover and keep on low for 5 minutes until the pasta heats up.
Before you serve, drizzle some olive oil, lemon juice, and some fresh herbs.
What are the variations?
You can use some protein like some grilled chicken or grilled shrimp or white beans or boiled chickpeas.
A sprinkle of Sun-dried tomatoes, pesto sauce, capers, or artichokes brings you a great variation.
Can I make them creamy?
Yes! You can also make the pasta creamy by adding 2 tablespoons of fresh cream and reserved pasta water. Stir continually to make the sauce creamier.
Other recipes you may like to try:
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways you can support your favorite food bloggers?
If you made this recipe, please click the stars below to comment and Rate this Recipe and/or share photos on social media using the hashtag #Nithisclickncook or tagging @nithisclickncookPrint