Laccha paratha – 2 ingredients Lachha paratha recipe is so easy to make, flaky that goes perfectly well with curries and gravy.
These Indian pieces of bread are no supplement to the main curry, rather each type of bread has a different specialty. Generally, they are round-shaped, cooked on the Tawa(pan).
A multi-layered paratha with crisp round layers, it is an irresistible delicacy.
The dough is the most important factor of making the best lachha paratha and has to be properly blended with the perfect mix of the ingredients,
Also called Paratwala paratha. in Punjabi “parat” means layer and layers can be seen on the paratha when it gets cooked.
Laccha paratha is light to eat and goes perfect with dishes like Paneer Butter Masala or Dal Makhni.
Why this recipe works?
1. People believe only experts can make the best laccha paratha as it requires some extra effort.
But we have the simplest way of making lachha paratha and the results are no different.
2. This recipe has been tried and tested in our kitchen with all possible diversions as we also faced some issues to get the perfect lachha paratha out of the stove.
So we have kept in mind what all possible problems you could get while preparing and have made the recipe accordingly.
How To make Laccha Paratha:
Our Secret to make the best Lachha Paratha recipe:
1. Replace maida flour with wheat flour or a mix of 1/2 cup wheat flour and 1/2 cup maida.
2. Use ghee instead of oil to knead the dough for more soft and crispy paratha.
3. Do not apply too much pressure while rolling out to get more visible layers in cooked lachha paratha.
4. The ingredients in the dough should not exceed the given quantity as that would lead to a soggy or extra hard dough, eventually ruining the aesthetics of the paratha.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is Lachha Paratha made of?
lachha paratha. Lachha paratha recipe With step by step photos – Lachha paratha
or lachedar paratha is a popular paratha variety from north India, made from whole wheat flour.
2. Is Laccha Paratha the same as roti?
Roti and Chapati are the same. There are about 7″ round flatbreads made of whole- grain wheat flour without leavening and cooked on a hot griddle called Tawa.
The Paratha is a layered version of Roti that is layered with Ghee.
3. How long can you store?
For normally cooked paratha, you can keep the paratha for 3 to 4 days, but for storing the paratha for a long time you have to half cook the paratha on the pan and freeze it,
and when you want to use it, you can refry the paratha and it is ready for serving.
4. How do you serve?
The paratha can be served with curries like dal makhani, paneer butter masala, chickpeas or it could be paired up with boondi raita, pickle, and papad.
5. What are the variations in laccha paratha?
Laccha paratha is available in 2 variations, Tawa and tandoori.
Tawa paratha has ghee added into it while preparing whereas the tandoori paratha has a ghee topping on it after preparation.
Check out ALL CURRIES
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print