- 3 Eggs
- 2 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 pods garlic (lightly crushed )
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (Lightly crushed )
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 tomato (chopped)
- 1 green chili
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 cup water
- Press the “saute” button in the instant pot, add 2 Tbs coconut oil, once the oil heats up lightly, sprinkle 1tsp
- Mustard seeds, 6 pods of garlic lightly crushed, 1 Tbs Ginger lightly crushed, 1 slit green chili. Stir for few seconds.
- Once the aroma of ginger and garlic is evident, Add 1 sliced onion, salt,1 sprig of curry leaves. Saute till the onions turn to a light brown color.
- Add 2 chopped tomatoes, cook until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- In goes the spice powder, add 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala. Saute the spice powders for few seconds till the raw smell disappears. (Keep stirring, make sure not to burn the spices)
- Add 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup water. Place the steamer basket inside the instant pot and place the eggs on the steamer basket. Cover with the lid. Close the pressure valve and cook for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Open the pressure or turn the valve down (In a Mealthy instant pot) to naturally release the pressure. Carefully remove the steamer basket, place the eggs in cold water, peel the eggshells, make a slit on the egg.
- Add the boiled egg to the masala. Press the “saute” button and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. A thin layer of oil appears on the sides. The Eggs are coated with the masala. Turn off the instant pot.
- Category: Sides/Appetizer
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: indian
Keywords: egg roast, masala egg, instant pot, egg fry