Instant Pot Masala Egg Roast – The Egg roast recipe in the instant pot, they are wonderfully simple, Bursting with flavors, and incredibly is easy to make! The best part is you can boil the eggs and make the sauce in the same pot that is going to be your time-saver.
What is Instant Pot Masala Egg Roast:
This simple and Easy Kerala-style masala Egg /Nadan Mutta Roast is about to become your new favorite recipe!
You will blow away by the flavors. If you love the taste of coconut oil, I’m sure you will certainly this amazing Egg roast. They are perfect for any occasion, richly satisfaction A truly comforting side dish!
Making this Egg fry in the instant pot all made in one pot! Seriously! You need not boil eggs separately, you can boil the eggs in the same pot while the onion tomato masala is being cooked.
This one-pot cooking gives you a weeknight dinner with less clean-up.
This recipe is one of my favorite way to devour eggs, It is simple, pantry friendly, feast bursting delicious, and no what matter what it turns out amazing!
Reason to love the recipe:
A true flavor of Kerala, The lovely sauce well coated within boiled egg gives you the best taste.
Lazy weeknight dinner is ready and certainly going to be a winner!
Incredibly easy to make in the instant pot, again less cooking pot so less clean up.
Ingredients and Notes:
- Eggs – I have used 3 eggs, you can double up the recipe.To check the freshness of the egg, place the egg in a bowl of water. Fresh eggs will sink, the older eggs will float because a large packet of air forms in the base.
- Ginger & Garlic: I have lightly crushed them that gives you tiny chunky bits of ginger and garlic. You may use ginger garlic paste as well. Use freshly made ginger garlic to bring out the best flavors.
- Coconut oil: I have used cold-pressed coconut oil that has enhanced the flavors. If you do not have coconut oil, try adding vegetable oil or gingerly oil.
- Curry leaves: I love curry leaves! Who doesn’t? don’t underestimate the power of this one humble simple herb, they are amazing.
- Onion: Slice the onion and use them. You may use shallots as well.
- Tomato: I have used 2 medium-sized tomatoes, get the fresh, pulpy tomatoes for the right tangy taste.
- Spice powder: I have used chili powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala. If you love the nice masala blend feel free to add some fennel seeds powder, cumin powder as well.
Step By Step Instructions:
Press the “saute” button in the instant pot, add 2 Tbs coconut oil, once the oil heats up lightly, sprinkle 1tsp Mustard seeds, 6 pods of garlic lightly crushed, 1 Tbs Ginger lightly crushed, 1 slit green chili. Stir for few seconds. (Photo 1)
Once the aroma of ginger and garlic is evident, Add 1 sliced onion, salt,1 sprig of curry leaves. Saute till the onions turn to a light brown color. (Photo 2)
Add 2 chopped tomatoes, cook until the tomatoes turn mushy. (Photo 3)
In goes the spice powder, add 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala. Saute the spice powders for few seconds till the raw smell disappears. (Keep stirring, make sure not to burn the spices) (Photo 5 & 6)
Add 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup water. Place the steamer basket inside the instant pot and place the eggs on the steamer basket. Cover with the lid. Close the pressure valve and cook for 10 minutes at high pressure. (Photo 7 & 8)
Open the pressure or turn the valve down (In a Mealthy instant pot) to naturally release the pressure. Carefully remove the steamer basket, place the eggs in cold water, peel the eggshells, make a slit on the egg.
Add the boiled egg to the masala. Press the “saute” button and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. A thin layer of oil appears on the sides. The Eggs are coated with the masala. Turn off the instant pot. (Photos 9 & 10)
- Add freshly crushed ginger and garlic for more flavors and stir fry in oil on low flame to infuse the flavors in oil.
- You may also use vegetable oil.
- For veggies option: potato, broccoli, cauliflower, the mushroom can be used.
- If you like the heat, you can add more spices as per your taste preference.
- Onion and tomato masala has to be well cooked, that is the onion and tomato have to be very soft.
- Make sure to lower the heat when you add spices because the spices might turn brown quickly.
1.How do you serve this nadan egg fry?
This Egg fry can be served with rice, roti, idly, dosa, appam, or parathas.
2.How long can I store it?
Bring the egg roast to room temperature and store it in an air-tight container. Refgregetratr for 2 days.
To Reheat: Microwave the egg fry for a minute or heat up in the Saucepan.
3.Can I make this recipe without an instant pot?
Yes! of course.
Follow the same method.
Boil the eggs separately and add to the sauce.
Other Recipes you may like to try:
Other recipes to try:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print