This delicious Indian Prawn curry recipe is simply homestyle! Better than your favourite restaurant, Lusciously creamy, bursting with flavours and on your table in less than 30 mins!
- 1/2 kg Prawns/shrimp
- 1 cup Potato (boiled)
- 1 Onions
- 1 Tomato
- 1 tbs Ginger
- 6 Garlic
- 5 Greenchillies
- 1 Curryleaves
- 1 tbs Coriander powder
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 1 tbs Fennel seeds
- 6 Almonds
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 5 cloves
- 1 blackstone
- 2 star anise
- 2 bay leaves
- Firstly, grind coconut, fennel seeds and almonds to a fine paste.
- Then, Heating up oil in pan, add all the seasonings, add onions, green chilli, ginger, garlic, curry leaves, tomato, sal saute well, until everything combined well.
- Once the onion and tomato are nicely cooked, add coriander powder, saute for a minute.
- Add prawns/shrimp saute just for minute.
- Then, add coconut paste and 1 and 1/2 cup of water. (Add boiled cubed potato at this stage)
- Bring to boil for 3 to 4 mins. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
Tips to make Best Indian Prawn curry:
Quality Prawns: Getting a good quality prawns plays a vital role in prawn curry
Freshly ground coconut paste: Nothing can beat the flavour of freshly ground coconut paste. It makes the curry lip-smacking!
Oil- I used coconut oil for this recipe, you could also use gingerly oil and peanut oil for flavours.
Spices: I used green chillies for the spiciness for the curry, that gives you quite distinct taste. You could also reduce the Amount the green chilli and add chilli powder as well.
Ginger and garlic: I have used thinly sliced ginger and garlic pods for this recipe, rather than ginger garlic paste because you will love the tidbits of the ginger and garlic when you bite in this curry.
- Category: Lunch/ breakfast, Main Course, Non-vegetarian Gravy, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian