- Moong dal- 1/2 cup
- Toor dal- 1/2 cup
- Onions- 2
- Tomato- 1
- Green chilli- 2
- Curryleaves- 1 string
- Vegetables- 2 cup (i used brinjal and carrot)
- Turmeric powder- 1 pinch
- Hing- 1 pinch
- Tamarind- a small lemon sized ball.
- Jaggery- 1 tsp
- DRY ROAST AND GRIND:
- Pepper- 1and 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli- 7 to 8
- Fenugreek seeds- 1tsp
- Channa dal- 1 tbs
- Cumin- 1tsp
- Dry roast the ingredients “TO DRY ROAST AND GRIND” into a fine powder.
- In a pressure cooker, add in moong dal, toor dal,onions,tomato,green chilli, curry leaves, veggies, turmeric powder, hing, cook for 1 whistle and mash the dal.
- Heat up the oil in the pan, add in oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, add the mashed dal.
- Mix the grinded mixture with little water.
- Now add the grinded mixture, tamarind water, salt and bring to boil.
- Sprinkle some coriander leaves.
Add a pinch of jaggery after switching off the stove.. it makes the sambar more tastier.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Indian