This Honey garlic butter shrimp is on your table in under 10 minutes! It is a super easy, perfect, and delicious quick and easy dinner recipe for all those busy days!
what is honey garlic shrimp?
Hi guys! Let’s make some honey garlic butter shrimp,
This honey garlic shrimp is tender and amazingly juicy with the wonderful honey garlic sauce which makes it gourmet delicious.
All you need is to whisk the sauce, marinate and cook the shrimp!
It is so easy, wonderfully delicious, healthy, protein-packed.
The sauce is purely a portion of magic. It is simple and all the ingredients to make the sauce are pantry friendly.
It has flavors, rich and beautifully coats with the shrimp which gives you a sticky Honey garlic shrimp that you will devour over and over again.
Reason to love this garlic butter shrimp:
- Ready under 10 minutes: Yes! That’s right. You can easily make it for your quick dinner or brunch or busy weeknights.
- The shrimps are cooked delicate and the sauce is delicious with luscious honey garlic sauce.
- It is healthy and quick, the shrimp is tender and a perfect combination of sweet, savory, and mild spicy!
The Ingredient Details:
For a full list of ingredients and their quantities, refer to the recipe card at the end of this post.
Shrimp – Buy a good quality shrimp for best results. Use any size of the shrimps. You can use frozen shrimp as well. The Frozen shrimp at the grocery store will indicate if the shrimp is deveined or not! If you purchase the deveined, you have less work to do.
Butter- I have used unsalted butter. so I can control the saltiness of the sauce.
Honey- to sweeten and to balance out the flavors.
Lemon juice – You can use the fresh or bottled one. The lemon juice gives you the zing to the honey garlic shrimp.
Soy sauce – I have used the low-sodium soy sauce so that you can control the salt.
Garlic – Prefer using fresh garlic, mince the cloves finely.
Ginger – Peel and mince them finely.
Paprika & Chilli flakes – this gives you a mild heat to the sauce.
Sesame oil- This is purely optional. You can also skip adding this.
Let’s make Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp:
- To marinade: To a bowl, add honey, lemon juice, sesame oil, soy sauce, paprika, ginger, garlic, and chili flakes. Whisk to combine.
- Add washed & deveined shrimp. Let the shrimp marinate for 5 minutes.
- To cook Shrimp: Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat, add garlic, stir fry for few seconds.
- Add only half of the marinade and place the shrimp in the skillet and cook for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Flip the shrimp over and pour in the remaining marinade and cooked through for 1 or 2 minutes ( depending on the size of your shrimp).
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.
- Use a non-stick or well-seasoned skillet or wok otherwise, the honey tends to stick to the pan.
- Prefer using a good quality shrimp for better taste. You can also prefer frozen shrimp as it is quite handy and easily available in the grocery store.
- You can keep the shrimp tail on.
- Once the sauce is whisked, taste the sauce. If you want to enhance the flavor of any sauce ingredients and add-in.
- Everything comes together in under 10 minutes, prep the ingredients before you start cooking.
- Fresh ingredients– Prefer using fresh garlic, ginger, or lemon juice they are certainly going to elevate the taste of the dish.
- Do not overcook the shrimp, keep an eye on them, as they will turn hard or rubbery.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1.What kind of shrimp to use?
- I had medium-sized shrimp, so I used it. Ideally, a jumbo shrimp is preferred as the sauce beautifully coats the shrimp and it looks absolutely gorgeous!
- However, you can make this recipe with whatever size of the shrimp you have on hand.
2.How to thaw the frozen shrimp?
- To thaw, Take out the shrimp from the freezer section and place it in the refrigerator as it will thaw overnight.
- Or you can simply run under the freshwater for few minutes.
3.What is honey garlic sauce is made of?
- The honey garlic sauce is made of, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, paprika, ginger, garlic, and chili flakes.
4.How do you serve honey garlic shrimp?
- The Dish is best served over rice or pasta or some crusty bread so that you can dip the bread in the delicious sauce.
5.How long can I store it?
- It is always best to serve the honey garlic shrimp right away. If you have some leftovers, store them in an air-tight container and refrigerate for 2 days.
- You can reheat the shrimp in two ways, either you can use microwave or skillet.
- Microwave: Microwave the honey garlic shrimp for 2 or 3 minutes as you will get the sauce again.
- Skillet: Transfer the shrimp to a skillet, keep on low heat. Cover the skillet with the lid and cook for 3 minutes or until the shrimp sauce heats up.
6.How can I thicken the sauce?
- Mix 1 teaspoon cornflour with 1/4 cup water to make a corn slurry and add in to bring out the sauce.
Other Recipes you may like to try:
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways you can support your favorite food bloggers?
If you made this recipe, please click the stars below to comment and Rate this Recipe and/or share photos on social media using the hashtag #Nithisclickncook or tagging @nithisclickncookPrint