Honey Chilli Potatoes- Crispy, juicy the most tantalizing sweet chilli sauce that everyone will go crazy! Super Easy, perfect for starter/appetizer and on your table under 20 mins!
- 1 Potato
- 1 cup vegetable Oil
To make a batter:
- 2 tbs All purpose flour
- 2 tbs corn flour
- 1 tbs chilli sauce
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt
To make a sauce:
- 1 tbs oil
- 2 tbs garlic
- 2 tbs ginger
- 1 tbs Chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- To garnish
- Sesame seeds – 1/2tsp
- Start by slicing potato to wedges, immerse in salted water before you start cooking.
- These all the ingredients to make honey chilli potato.
- In a small mixing bowl add all purpose flour, corn flour, chilli sauce, chilli powder, pepper powder, salt, garlic paste.
- Add 2 to 3 tbs of water and mix well to make a batter enough to coat the potato wedges.
- Meanwhile heat up oil in a deep pan
- 4.once the oil is heated up, add the potato wedges, coat the batter throughly
- Deep fry the potatoes to golden brown colour.
- Collect the fried potatoes in a bowl, keep aside until it’s ready to use.
To make a sauce:
- Heat up oil in a wide pan, add finely chopped garlic and ginger sauce for 1 or 2 mins
- Then add chilli sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar, soya sauce, salt stir fry for 2 mins over a medium heat.
- Add fried potato wedges, toss the potato wedges into the sauce.
- Finally add honey and toss for a minute.
- Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds.
Tips to make the best honey chilli potatoes:
1)Potatoes: Dice your potato into wedges and immerse in water to avoid discolouring.
2)Batter consistency: The batter consistency has to be just enough to coat the potato. Add water little by little to get the right consistency.
3)Sauces: You can increase/decrease the number of sauces as per your wish.
- Category: Appetiser, Appetizer
- Cuisine: Indo- chinese