Making Homemade Thai Red Curry Paste is super easy, fresh, delicious, and much flavourful than the store-bought!
- 10 Dry Red Chillies
- 1/2 cup Shallots
- 4 Garlic
- 3 Lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon Galangal
- 3 Kaffir leaves
- 3 tablespoon Coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon water
- Soak the dry red chilies in hot water for 10 minutes prior to blending.
- Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and peppercorns. Roast for few seconds until the spices are fragrant.
- Now to a blender, add soaked dry red chilies. Blend them coarsely.
- Add roasted cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and peppercorns. Blend them again to make a coarse mixture.
- Then add lemongrass, galangal, and kaffir leaves, shallots, garlic, and coriander leaves, salt sprinkle 3 to 4 tablespoon water and grind to a fine paste.
- Homemade Thai Red curry paste is Ready.
- You can ground the paste coarsely or smoothly as per your preference.
- The fresh ingredients always give you the best flavor and taste.
- Traditionally the paste is grounded in mortar and pestle. If you intend to ground win mortar and pestle. Chop all the ingredients that help in easy pounding.
- The spice level is truly your preference, you can increase the try by adding Thai chilies that have strong heat.
- Category: Sides/Appetizer
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai Red curry paste, red curry paste, thai red curry