Homemade BBQ sauce- If you’re someone looking for the best Barbecue sauce recipe from fresh tomatoes all from the scratch, that taste better than the store-bought and it takes less than 15 minutes of your time! Be ready to indulge this tangy, spicy, lip-smacking barbecue sauce just at your fingertips.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste/ tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- These all the ingredients to make bbq sauce
- Heat olive oil in the saucepan
- Pour in the tomato puree
- Stir and cook the tomato puree for 5 minutes till they are thickened.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Stir and cook for another 5 minutes over low-medium heat. The BBQ sauce would thicken. Stir constantly until the desired consistency.
Tips to make the best barbecue sauce:
- The tomato has to be in the fine puree, consistency to get the smoother consistency of the sauce you can strain the puree in a mesh colander to remove the seeds.
- While cooking the tomato puree, make the sure cover with the lid because the tomato puree tends to splatter and bulbs up.
- Simmer the sauce that helps to slightly thicken and the flavors are meld together.
- The sauce tends to stick to the bottom of the pan, so stir them occasionally.
- Category: Dips
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bbq sauce, bbq sauce recipe, barbecue sauce