Simple homestyle Veg Hakka Noodles recipe with refreshing flavours made with delicious sauces, extremely comforting recipe and on your table under 15mins!
- 1 pack Hakka Noodles
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs ginger
- 1 tbs garlic
- 1 cup onions
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 cup capsicum
- 1 cup cabbage
- 2 tbs Chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- These all the ingredients to make Hakka noodles. Chop all your veggies before you start making the noodles.
Cook your noodles:
- Bring 5 cups of water rolling boil, add salt and your Hakka noodles. Cover and cook for 5 to 8 mins over a medium heat. Or cook as per your package instruction.
- Once the noodles is cooked, drain out the water using colander.
- Mix 1 tsp of sesame oil and keep aside. This will ensure the noodles doesn’t stick to one another.
To make Hakka noodles sauce:
- Heat up sesame oil, add finely chopped ginger and garlic.
- Add cubed onion slices
- Add thinly sliced carrots.
- Add finely shredded cabbage
- Add de-seeded sliced capsicum, stir and mix everything well. Keep saluting for just for minute.
- Now add chilli garlic sauce and soy sauce
- Add vinegar quickly mix well.
- Add cooked Hakka noodles
- Mix the noodles with vegetables using thongs.
- Sprinkle some pepper powder and very little sprinkle of sugar. Mix gently. And serve. If you have spring onions, add them finely.
Tips to make the perfect vegetable Hakka Noodles:
1. Hakka Noodles: Once the water comes to a rolling boiling, add the noodles and salt to cook the noodles. You can also add 1tsp of sesame oil in water to avoid the noodles sticking from one another. Cook till the noodles are al-dente.
You can find Asian noodles in the local supermarket in the ethnic section.
2. Sesame oil: I have used sesame oil for this recipe because it has a more distinct flavor. You could also swap to vegetable oil.
3.Ginger&Garlic: Add finely chopped ginger &garlic, sauteing them in oil enhances the flavor.
4.vegetables: You any type of vegetables like carrot, capsicum, broccoli, beans or cabbage. Chop or shred the vegetables thinly.
Keep your vegetables prepared before you start to begin cooking. Do not cook the vegetables so soft, it has to be crunchier.
5. Wok: If you have a wok or well-seasoned cast iron pan use them to make Hakka Noodles, that gives you no stick noodles.
- Category: dinner, Lunch/ breakfast, VEG - RICE
- Cuisine: Chinese, Indo- chinese